ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about PBS Dependants application form

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

grreg

Question about PBS Dependants application form

Post by grreg » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:11 pm

I am looking at page 24 of the Tier 1 or 5 Dependant Application form and am unsure how to answer question K5.

I am applying for a second Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension. So we have been resident in the UK for several years and the the dependants were granted leave to remain inside the UK.

K5 asks - Did you have a visa or entry clearance when you came to the UK?

Is K5 asking about when we initially came to the UK many years ago? Or when entered the UK for the first time with the most recent grant of leave?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Greg

ps. Not sure if this is the most suitable place for this post. Supers please move it if it should be elsewhere.

marcnath

Re: Question about PBS Dependants application form

Post by marcnath » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:30 pm

grreg wrote:I am looking at page 24 of the Tier 1 or 5 Dependant Application form and am unsure how to answer question K5.

I am applying for a second Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension. So we have been resident in the UK for several years and the the dependants were granted leave to remain inside the UK.

K5 asks - Did you have a visa or entry clearance when you came to the UK?

Is K5 asking about when we initially came to the UK many years ago? Or when entered the UK for the first time with the most recent grant of leave?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Greg

ps. Not sure if this is the most suitable place for this post. Supers please move it if it should be elsewhere.
It would be the entry date of your current continuous entry period
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

grreg

Post by grreg » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:41 pm

OK great - thank you for the answer.

If we first were granted leave to enter in 2009 and have switched visa's etc that we should use the 2009 details? (We have always been here lawfully and continuously).

I assume that for a child born in the UK that this section is not applicable?

Thanks again

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:54 pm

grreg wrote:OK great - thank you for the answer.

If we first were granted leave to enter in 2009 and have switched visa's etc that we should use the 2009 details? (We have always been here lawfully and continuously).

I assume that for a child born in the UK that this section is not applicable?

Thanks again
Correct on both
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

grreg

Post by grreg » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Thanks Macnarth. I have been doing a lot of reading and several of your previous posts have saved me hours of time. Very grateful to your contribution here :)