ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query for ILR: Need continuous stay or continuous Employment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VaibhavJ
Newly Registered

Query for ILR: Need continuous stay or continuous Employment

Post by VaibhavJ » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:49 am

Hi,

I have been on Tier 2 General visa since Dec 2012. But before I joined my company after visa work, took a month's break. So my employment started in Feb 2013.
I believe I am eligible for ILR end of this year but not sure when to apply, once I finish 4years 11 months in UK on this category i.e. Nov 2017 or once I finish 4 years 11 months in employment i.e. Jan 2018.

Any inputs regarding this will be really appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Vaibhav

zimba
Mood:

Re: Query for ILR: Need continuous stay or continuous Employ

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:09 pm

It is the period of the visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:04 pm

did you switch from another visa category into Tier 2 from inside UK or did you apply for Tier 2 from abroad and then entered UK using the tier 2 visa?

VaibhavJ
Newly Registered

Post by VaibhavJ » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:26 pm

paradoxical wrote:did you switch from another visa category into Tier 2 from inside UK or did you apply for Tier 2 from abroad and then entered UK using the tier 2 visa?
Hi,
Yes I was on Tier 2 ICT earlier since 2010 and changed the category to General in 2012

kk1612
Newly Registered

Re: Query for ILR: Need continuous stay or continuous Employment

Post by kk1612 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi, I am in the same situation but I was switched from PSW visa to Tier 2 general visa. Any suggestions are helpful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query for ILR: Need continuous stay or continuous Employment

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:58 pm

kk1612 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:55 pm
Hi, I am in the same situation but I was switched from PSW visa to Tier 2 general visa. Any suggestions are helpful.
Please continue in your existing topic where you are already receiving advice. It is considered rude to tag onto other members threads and it creates confusion, especially when you are getting advice already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.