ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

QUERY ABOUT EC: Funds and liquid assests

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sukhdeep

QUERY ABOUT EC: Funds and liquid assests

Post by Sukhdeep » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:05 am

Hi

I will be applying for EC for myself along with my wife. However I have some doubts regarding EC process

1. WhichVisa form needs to be filled for EC, by the dependant ie for my wife VAF2 or VAF4

2. Whats the accurate bank balance that we need to show

3. IF we have some savings in PPF can we show those in liquid assets, (as PPF money get locked for few years and we cannot withdraw that right now if we need money) (in case yes what are the proofs required for the same)

4. Also if we add up to something like 4.5 lakhs in our bank accounts, is this amount enough liquid asset for both of us... can we also show some jewellery as our asset ( again if YES we show this wht are the docs required)

5.Also this money is spread in three different saving accounts is that fine? ( Our Current salary accounts + one of my wife's older salary account)

6. We have 2 credit card also, one with each of us .. CAN we also show them as our liquid assets

Thanks to all in advance

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi Sukhdeep,

1. WhichVisa form needs to be filled for EC, by the dependant ie for my wife VAF2 or VAF4
It is VAF2 for HSMP and HSMP dependant

2. Whats the accurate bank balance that we need to show
There is no certain amount to be shown. Check http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/proof-of-asset.html
3. IF we have some savings in PPF can we show those in liquid assets, (as PPF money get locked for few years and we cannot withdraw that right now if we need money) (in case yes what are the proofs required for the same)
You can show PPF amount in Fixed assets (Show PPF statement)
4. Also if we add up to something like 4.5 lakhs in our bank accounts, is this amount enough liquid asset for both of us... can we also show some jewellery as our asset ( again if YES we show this wht are the docs required) 4.5 lakhs should be enough // to show jewellery you should produce a valuation certificate from authorised govt. valuer

5.Also this money is spread in three different saving accounts is that fine? ( Our Current salary accounts + one of my wife's older salary account)
You can show 3 accounts and better get CA to prepare a statement

6. We have 2 credit card also, one with each of us .. CAN we also show them as our liquid assets
I am not sure if you can show credit cards as liquid assets

Thanks