ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CTD holder travelling to France.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uchida

CTD holder travelling to France.

Post by uchida » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I apologize if this is on the wrong forum.

I would like to know if a refugee in the UK, who has been granted a 5 year residency and has a Convention Travel Document (Blue) requires a visa to travel to France. The holder has consulted the French consular office in the UK but all they did was email him an attachment which doesn't answer the query and an 084 number to call an outsourced company.

Looking forward to responses.

secret.simon

Re: CTD holder travelling to France.

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:59 am

Timatic (the tool used by airlines to check which documents are required) states that France allows
Passengers with a with a Travel Document (Convention of 28 July 1951) issued to refugees and a residence permit issued by Andorra, Monaco, Switzerland or EEA Member State for a maximum stay of 90 days. (SEE NOTE 53781)
NOTE 53781: The maximum stay is granted within 180 days.
- Passengers with a Travel Document (Convention of 28 September 1954) issued to stateless persons and a residence permit issued by Andorra, Monaco, Switzerland or another EEA Member State For details, click here for a maximum stay of 90 days.
(SEE NOTE 53781) NOTE 53781: The maximum stay is granted within 180 days.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

uchida

Post by uchida » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:15 am

Thanks a lot Secret Simon.

uchida

Post by uchida » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:11 am

secret.simon wrote:Timatic (the tool used by airlines to check which documents are required) states that France allows
Passengers with a with a Travel Document (Convention of 28 July 1951) issued to refugees and a residence permit issued by Andorra, Monaco, Switzerland or EEA Member State for a maximum stay of 90 days. (SEE NOTE 53781)
NOTE 53781: The maximum stay is granted within 180 days.
- Passengers with a Travel Document (Convention of 28 September 1954) issued to stateless persons and a residence permit issued by Andorra, Monaco, Switzerland or another EEA Member State For details, click here for a maximum stay of 90 days.
(SEE NOTE 53781) NOTE 53781: The maximum stay is granted within 180 days.
Hi Secret Simon,
Do holders of the same Convention Travel Document exempt from visas when travelling to the USA? Thanks for the link to Timatic, but the website is purely subscription based so can't check other destinations. Is there a reputable, up to date website where there is a list of visa exempt destinations etc..other than having to ring each individual consular office (they are really unhelpful)

Thanks again for responding.