ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur - Working Restrictions

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JamSam86
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur - Working Restrictions

Post by JamSam86 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:45 am

Hi all,

I am going to apply for a Tier 1 graduate entrepreneur visa but a bit confused by working restrictions on this visa.

So my questions are the following:
As per visa guidance, I cannot work as dentist and dostor in training, does it mean that I can be employed by another company? I understand that it should be self-employment contract and should be part-time (assuming that most of the time I will be working on my business)?

If my understandings are wrong, can you please guide me on how I can take a secondary job legally while my main acitivity will be building my business.

Thank you very much!!

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur - Working Restrictions

Post by marcnath » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:22 am

Yes, as a T1-GE, you can be employed by another company. There is no requirement that it should be self employed or part-time.
You can take a full time regular employment.
Not sure what guidance you want to take a secondary job legally - go through the usual process, find an employer willing to employ you and accept the job.
Obviously, the question you have to answer yourself is whether you will have time to do a full time job and work on preparing for your eventual business.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

JamSam86
Newly Registered

Post by JamSam86 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:58 am

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Do you know whether I can be on employer's payroll? Or I can only work as a contract worker?

JamSam86
Newly Registered

Bank Statement - 90 days requirement - clarification

Post by JamSam86 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:06 am

Hi all, thank you very much for our guru's for contributing to this forum.

I am going to apply for Tier 1 Graduate Entrpepreneur Visa and I have questions regarding 90 day requirement for maintenance money.

I have hold maintenance money from April 1 till July 27 (more than 100 days altogether), however, on 28th of July I had to withdraw some funds and money went down from maintenance requirement of 1890 pounds to 1400 pounds.

I am going to apply for visa 15th of August and showing all my statement from April 1. As I have already fulfillied the requirement of 90 days till only 27th of July, the fact that fund went down from requirement maintenance afterwards, would it cause problems? Because visa officer will see that from 27th July the funds went down from required maintenance amound.

Thank you very much!

marcnath

Re: Bank Statement - 90 days requirement - clarification

Post by marcnath » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:57 am

JamSam86 wrote:Hi all, thank you very much for our guru's for contributing to this forum.

I am going to apply for Tier 1 Graduate Entrpepreneur Visa and I have questions regarding 90 day requirement for maintenance money.

I have hold maintenance money from April 1 till July 27 (more than 100 days altogether), however, on 28th of July I had to withdraw some funds and money went down from maintenance requirement of 1890 pounds to 1400 pounds.

I am going to apply for visa 15th of August and showing all my statement from April 1. As I have already fulfillied the requirement of 90 days till only 27th of July, the fact that fund went down from requirement maintenance afterwards, would it cause problems? Because visa officer will see that from 27th July the funds went down from required maintenance amound.

Thank you very much!
Unfortunately, it would cause a problem. It is 90 days backwards from the last date of your statement.

If you can go to your branch and get them to print out your statement from 1st April to 27th July and have them stamp it, then it is ok. Because 27th July is still 31 days before your application date.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:59 am

JamSam86 wrote:Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Do you know whether I can be on employer's payroll? Or I can only work as a contract worker?
I thought my reply already covered that.

Yes, it can be on payroll

JamSam86
Newly Registered

Post by JamSam86 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:20 pm

Unfortunately, it would cause a problem. It is 90 days backwards from the last date of your statement.

If you can go to your branch and get them to print out your statement from 1st April to 27th July and have them stamp it, then it is ok. Because 27th July is still 31 days before your application date.
Thank you very much for quick reply!

My printed out and stamped statements from Barclays looks weird, no logo, no date (only stamp shows the date & branch), however it has my name, account number, dates of statement, and several transactions (NOT all of them, and transactions are not in timely order, I mean transactions show first from april first, then goes from June, then May, then July etc.).

And if you look at the front page it states transactions from April 1 to August 1, but as it does not contain all the transactions, the earliest it shows April 18 and the latest is July 25 which still more than 90 days. Will they count backwards from July 25 as in transaction? or they will count backwards from the front page which states from August 1? The reason I am freaking about it is that in July 28 my funds went down from the required amount, but this statement does not show that as the latest transaciton is as of July 25.

I am clarifying all this things as I am outside of UK at the moment (applyint from outside UK) but my bank account is in UK and unfortunately, now I will not be able to go to the bank and get the statements stamped.

I've asked my friend to go to barclays branch and get statements for me, and that is why I have these weird looking statements with missing logo.

Please help with advise

Thank all in advance, will appreaciate any advice.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:31 pm

The guideline states :

Where you are providing evidence of maintenance from a single account, we will always assess the funds available to you from the closing balance given on the document provided.

So, it is not the date of the statement but that of the last balance on the document. In your case that would be July 25th. Unless there was one line somewhere that said Balance on Aug 1 was xxxx - in which case they was count back from Aug 1.

It also states

The most recent statement must be dated no more than 31 days before the date of application

I read that to mean that as long as you apply before Aug 31, your statement should be usable.

To be safer, try to apply within 31 days of July 25.

As long as the Stamp is there, you are ok. HO can directly check with Barclays if they have doubts on whether it is genuine.

I agree the order is weird - are you sure it is not just the pages were ordered wrongly.

But again, weird order is not a disqualification.

JamSam86
Newly Registered

Post by JamSam86 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Thanks!
Unless there was one line somewhere that said Balance on Aug 1 was xxxx - in which case they was count back from Aug 1
The statement has Available Balance and Last night's Balance :roll:
It is clear that Availabe balance is the amount which was available on the date of the statement printout, but no indication to any date. I hope that it is not a problem.
I agree the order is weird - are you sure it is not just the pages were ordered wrongly.
No it is not pages, as all transactions fitted in one page. Order is a mess, not chronological and does not show all transactions. It is good that HO can make verifications. I am thinking of submitting printout of online statements together with the stamped one. Online statement will show all the transactions but will not be stamped and attach a cover letter to it explaining the situation. As HO guys are very busy, I am wondering will they read such a letter? What do you think about it?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:16 pm

Ok. So if I was the CW looking at it, I would see a balance on 1st August which I assume is more than the minimum required. That is where I would work backwards from. The first date back is July 25th, which still meets the requirement and so on working backwards 90 days.

In that process, you meet the requirement. The general assumption by the CW would be that there were no transactions on the dates which are not in the statement. To that extent, it is best not to provide additional information but let the CW ask for that information if clarification is required. Your internet statements will show that the balance dropped during the 90 days.

HO can only go to the bank to verify that the document is correct - which it is.

However, given the confusing nature of the statement, there is a chance that the CW will ask you for more information, in which case you will need to provide your internet statements, for example. I'd rate the chances of this happening to be quite low, but it is not zero.

So, the safest approach would be for you to show the 490 pounds on the 28th of July in another account - do you have an account in your home country which had that balance on that one day ?

JamSam86
Newly Registered

Post by JamSam86 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

The general assumption by the CW would be that there were no transactions on the dates which are not in the statement. To that extent, it is best not to provide additional information but let the CW ask for that information if clarification is required. Your internet statements will show that the balance dropped during the 90 days.
Ok. Thanks for the insight. I appreciate that. As for the internet statements, I was going to show the exact dates as on stamped statements i.e. 18 April - 25 July, so CW officer will not see that the funds dropped. I will follow your advice and will not submit internet statements.

Thank you very much for your help and advice!!!

JamSam86
Newly Registered

Post by JamSam86 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:19 am

Hi community,

I have serious concerns now regarding my visa. This is regarding the council tax non payment bailiff/liability order.

The situation is as following:

1) I moved out from a rented flat in UK in March, told about it to council tax and paid all fees (usually I pay monthly fee). And then I left UK.

2) somehow council tax officers sent me letter to pay 67 pounds (which was due in 2016!!) after i moved out and left UK, probably in April or June and as i was not in that address anymore and left the UK, i was not aware of those charges. ( i still trying to find out, why i didnt receive notice of that charges while i was in that address, from january to march 2017)

2) Seems like they sent me several letters of notice, and summons to court in August which I was not aware of and phisycally able to attend (I was outside of UK).

3) I got all letters which came to my previous addres in UK by asking my friend to bring them to me.

4) and Surprise Surprise I found out the summons to court! and was really shocked!

5) I immediately paid all charges online yesterday, and today i called council tax office to find out and they said I need to pay the bailiff fee and the liability order was issued.

I am going to pay all realted fees and get this issue out ofmy shoulders.

The issue is that my application is with HO at present and i was waiting for my visa for about a month, will it affect the visa decision?

Some more information: I applied for a priority visa which states it will be ready in 5-10 days, but it is already a month i head nothing yet. I applied from outside UK and head that priority visas are considered in UK.

Do you think that the visa is taking this long because of this situation?

Will appreciate any advise

Thank you in advance!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:55 am

Non payment of council tax is a civil matter. The Local Government Finance Act 1992 and the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 (SI 1992/613) contain some of the legal provisions. It should not affect a visa application (however it does affect the British citizenship applications) :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JamSam86
Newly Registered

Post by JamSam86 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:54 am

Non payment of council tax is a civil matter. The Local Government Finance Act 1992 and the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 (SI 1992/613) contain some of the legal provisions. It should not affect a visa application (however it does affect the British citizenship applications) :!:
Thank you for your reply!!!

British citizenship is that one which comes after ILR? Or i will have problems with ILR application (due to council tax liability order)? Sorry for this stupid question, it is very far for me to think about ILR, but just wanted to clarify.

By the way, I would like to thank everyone here who helped with answers and provided guidance.
I have received my visa recently!!!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:34 am

ILR before BC
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JamSam86
Newly Registered

Post by JamSam86 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm

ILR before BC
Thanks Zimba88!!!

Another question to clarify:

I have a job offer, but I have not started trading yet, have not even registered a company yet. Can I accept the offer?

The guidance says I "can take employment as a second job outside of my business" which makes me think that I should set up company first and only then take a job.

Please let me know if I can accept the job offer now.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:33 pm

You can as there is no restriction but you also need to start your business too.

aaron_1215
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by aaron_1215 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:04 pm

I have a part time job and I'm currently on this visa, you can be employed but bear in mind that you are supposed to spend the majority of your working time developing your business