ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Offer worth?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

meer_iet

Offer worth?

Post by meer_iet » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:03 pm

Hi People,

Please give me your thoughts on following offer for permanent job,

£36K + 26% Benefits (£9500) + Total 24 days leaves per annum in Berkshire,UK

For some one with 6.5 years experience in Telecom domain product support- skills : SS7, Unix and Oracle.

Thanks in advance.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Re: Offer worth?

Post by thirdwave » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:43 pm

meer_iet wrote:Hi People,

Please give me your thoughts on following offer for permanent job,

£36K + 26% Benefits (£9500) + Total 24 days leaves per annum in Berkshire,UK

For some one with 6.5 years experience in Telecom domain product support- skills : SS7, Unix and Oracle.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds quite good for a first job..Many locals in IT roles would be happy earning half that. However, I understand Oracle pros make a lot more in the City (circa 80-100k) but maybe you need a fair bit of UK experience to get those sort of jobs..

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:29 am

Hi All
Even i also want to know that how much salary we can expect. I have got some 3.7 years of experince(C,C++ etc) in some good companies in bangalore. I was expecting some 40k in Uk but when i talk to some consultant ,they generally say that at my experience i will get some 31-32 k. I felt it is very less . HSMP means we are earning more in india so we shall earn more in UK also. They generally say that we do not have experience in Uk so we will be given less. I felt as that is some way people are getting work done from IT people on HSMP with some low salaries. Even one of my friend from my company got job in uk on 45k(5 years exp).
I know u will say that salary depends upon location but still how much shall we expect.

happy

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:39 am

I think 36+9=45 K...Which is pretty good..You cannot expect more for a permi job...
HSMP means we are earning more in india so we shall earn more in UK also. They generally say that we do not have experience in Uk so we will be given less. I felt as that is some way people are getting work done from IT people on HSMP with some low salaries. Even one of my friend from my company got job in uk on 45k(5 years exp).
Well, U r a HSMP but they wont bother abt. it..They would like to know if you are suitable for the job or not...And if u dont have UK exp,u wont be paid more..Remember ,there are a lot of local ppl, having a lot of UK experience(obviously), so why shd. they pay you more ??(Unless u have a skill which no one has )..General permi rate is 30-34 K

Ashish

meer_iet

Post by meer_iet » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:02 am

namastelondon wrote:Hi All
Even i also want to know that how much salary we can expect. I have got some 3.7 years of experince(C,C++ etc) in some good companies in bangalore. I was expecting some 40k in Uk but when i talk to some consultant ,they generally say that at my experience i will get some 31-32 k. I felt it is very less . HSMP means we are earning more in india so we shall earn more in UK also. They generally say that we do not have experience in Uk so we will be given less. I felt as that is some way people are getting work done from IT people on HSMP with some low salaries. Even one of my friend from my company got job in uk on 45k(5 years exp).
I know u will say that salary depends upon location but still how much shall we expect.

happy
Namastelondon,
why dont you start a new post for your query rather than storming in between. I want response suited to my query and not make it more complicated.

hope u understand.

coronat
Newly Registered

Post by coronat » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:34 pm

not a bad salary, Im on 32 gross supporting a family of 5 (just about scrape by!), would check out the following link to see the real term value of the package;

http://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/

also check out ;
www.upmystreet.co.uk

for local information including council taxes/housing costs etc.