ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancé visa or unmarried partner visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jjags83
Newly Registered

Fiancé visa or unmarried partner visa

Post by jjags83 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:37 pm

my case in not straightforward my case is for same sex unmarried partner. where I came from in that country this marriage is not legal and I want to bring my partner in Uk but how ?? That's the question . our family supports us but legally we can not marry in my home country . I hve indefinite visa for Uk we hve all the proof for our relationship coz we are together since 2002 . But we have to wait for my ILR . Now I got ILR I hve payslips for £18600 my parter pass theA1 exam . But the question is how we apply and which category ??

I took advice from some solicitors but They mostly told me abt apply marriage visitor visa no one told me abut fiancé visa or unmarried same sex partner visa .actually we waited so long to live together so I don't want to spoil my case .

Please tell me now what visa is best for me .

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: Fiancé visa or unmarried partner visa

Post by 357mag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:24 pm

I would say apply for fiancé visa.
Your partner will not be allowed to work till after you marry. But the evidence will be easier, you can prove a relationship for a period of time. That you have met face to face, with photos together. Maybe that you face persecution in your home country would be an acceptable reason.
For unmarried partner you would probably have to prove at least two years of recently living together.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.