ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) REFUSED BY FTT. DO I NEED TO APPEAL?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

OBinatunde
Newly Registered
Libya

FLR(FP) REFUSED BY FTT. DO I NEED TO APPEAL?

Post by OBinatunde » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:45 am

Basically my appeal with dismissed because the judge thought I have not lived in the country for the past 20 years as claimed due to some discrepancies in my GP summary.
I went to my GP in 2006 to get a vaccination. They didn't want to give it to me unless I paid provided I have traveled out of the country before which I said I had even though I hadn't. The judge saw this and concluded I have traveled out of the country for so many times even though he has no evidence to prove but taken into account what my GP summary says. I have therefore broken the 20-year route hence appeal dismissed.
Do I apply to the UT to review my case?
Do I have a chance at all?
Please help me urgently as I have only a week to respond I run out of money dealing with this which is actually stressing me out so badly. Please please please your genuine advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thak you and God bless you. :cry: :cry: :cry:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR REFUSED BY FTT. DO I NEED TO APPEAL?

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:27 am

It would be helpful if you posted what your full UK immigration history is and on what basis you have applied for ILR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

OBinatunde
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by OBinatunde » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:32 am

-My uncle brought here in Uk in 1995.
-He died from a heart attack shortly afterwards.
-His wife chucked me out of the house which compelled me to live an itinerant life doing cash in hand jobs from 1996-2000 hence no proof of address.
-I got help from someone for a new job and a place to live from Jan 2000. I was, therefore, able to provide proofs of my continues staying via P60 and other correspondence (including various certificates in social care and access to nursing courses) from 2000 till present.
-First application made in 2015 via private life (20 years route) and refused.
-Appeal in 2016 and just been refused on the 17/08/2018.
-I have no family here in the UK nor in Nigeria should they send me back.
-The judge thinks I have gained so much experience in integrating into the British system so it wouldn't be an issue if I was sent back.
-Besides no family ties that are binding to stay in this Country.
-I don't know whether it worth contesting this again at the UT.
-My lawyer has been more than helpful other than taken monies off me.
-Please help a brother in serious need of advice. :cry: :cry:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:34 am

So you have had no legal visa status for as long as you have been here???

If you have had no visa, then you have also worked illegally.

Without any legal visa status, you don't qualify for ILR (indefinite leave to remain).

You should have applied on FLR(FP), which is a 10 or 20 year route before you can apply for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

OBinatunde
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by OBinatunde » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:41 am

Its the FLR (20 years) I applied for and the judge has dismissed me due to the discrepancies in my GP summary citing I have broken my continues stay in the UK.
They have given me the right to apply to UT but If I do so are they still going to use the same reason to refuse me?
Does it worth wasting more money on this or just leave it all together and make a fresh application in 2019?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(FP) REFUSED BY FTT. DO I NEED TO APPEAL?

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:50 am

Your heading is confusing as you state ILR and not FLR(FP).

What other evidence do you have that you have been resident in the UK for such a long time?

What is the exact wording of the refusal (taking out any personal information)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:57 am

OBinatunde wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:45 am
I went to my GP in 2006 to get a vaccination. They didn't want to give it to me unless I paid provided I have traveled out of the country before which I said I had even though I hadn't.
So, just to clarify, you lied to the GP and the judge and the GP believe the lie that you said yourself. Is that the challenge that you are facing, that your lie was believed?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

OBinatunde
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by OBinatunde » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Sounds about right.
Please your genuine advice will be greatly appreciated :cry:

OBinatunde
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by OBinatunde » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:50 am
Your heading is confusing as you state ILR and not FLR(FP).

What other evidence do you have that you have been resident in the UK for such a long time?

What is the exact wording of the refusal (taking out any personal information)?
GP summary from 2000.
P60s from 2000
Bank statements from 2005
College certificates from 2008,2009,2016
Credit card statements and other correspondence including voters card
Letter from my church pastor.
Personal statements from people that have known me from 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999.

Refusal:
-None of the people that gave me support statement was able to attend to be cross examined.
-He believe that I have traveled out of the country so many times even though he has no prove but believe what my GP summary says.
-I have no family or extended relationship in this country to form part of the private life I'm claiming.
-There is nothing compelling in my circumstances that otherwise states they have not use the immigration rules correctly.
-Therefore he stands by the decision of Home office which is a justified interference with my right to private life in this country.
-Appeal dismissed accordingly under article 8 of Human Right Convention.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Why did you go to the GP to get vaccination for tropical disease, if you did not go overseas. That may raise suspicion, and you ought to have explained it, or better still, not provide it at all.

You will need to appeal to the Upper Tribunal for permission to appeal.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

OBinatunde
Newly Registered
Libya

Re: FL(20 years) REFUSED BY FTT. DO I NEED TO APPEAL?

Post by OBinatunde » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:50 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:22 pm
Why did you go to the GP to get vaccination for tropical disease, if you did not go overseas. That may raise suspicion, and you ought to have explained it, or better still, not provide it at all.

-I have absolutely no idea that conversation even took place otherwise I would have taken it out. I am a carer so it was one of the requirements to get it done by the agency.
-My issue is, if I appeal via UT is it likely they would they use the same reason to refuse me?
Do I actually stand a chance arguing my case at all?

OBinatunde
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by OBinatunde » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:56 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Thank you all so much for all your advice. I can't believe the HO is rather believing my lies instead of the truth. There's no surprise here as to why many people refuse to tell the truth simply because they will never be believed. This is damn shame but true 😢😕

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:21 pm

You can hardly blame the HO for not being able to discern which is a lie and which is the truth. Having lied once, it makes you an unreliable witness in Court. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

OBinatunde
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by OBinatunde » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:09 am

Casa wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:21 pm
You can hardly blame the HO for not being able to discern which is a lie and which is the truth. Having lied once, it makes you an unreliable witness in Court. :idea:
So do you think I can make an appeal to the upper tribunal? Please advice 😊

consular01
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by consular01 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:37 am

Got letter yesterday night 28TH that i have been refused on 5th of june

letter was delivered to probable neighbour and he only dropped it yesterday

was told to appeal within 14 days and it has passed 2 days after the letter was received

please does any one have experience of a case where letter was received when the time given for appeal has passed

i applied 20 march 2017

please i need urgent advice ive been to my lawyer and he will do something on it today to appeal

i need urgent help and advice pls admin and moderators kindly advice

i still wrote letters to the MP on 14the asking if she's got any feed back