ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

vignette sticker

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jkhaliq
Netherlands

vignette sticker

Post by jkhaliq » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Hi,
Is it possible to leave and enter UK multiple times within the validity of vignette (30 days) before you can get your BRP?

Casa

Re: vignette sticker

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:39 pm

No. The 30 day vignette only allows one entry into the UK. The entry stamp enables the holder to collect their BRP within 10 days from the designated Post Office.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Post by jkhaliq » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Thanx, appreciated

another quick question, why does the vignette say multiple entries if it can be used only once?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:11 pm

I stand corrected.
"What happens if the customer needs to travel (out of the UK) before they have collected their
BRP?
The customer can use their 30 day short validity (travel) vignette for multiple entries until it has
expired, but they need to be aware that they will not be able to return to the UK once the vignette
has expired and they would then have to apply for a new short validity (travel) vignette.
"

However, this is a tricky one, as the holder is required to collect their BRP in the UK within 10 days of the entry stamp. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Post by jkhaliq » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:27 pm

Well,
The quotation you posted states otherwise, it says that you can enter/leave the UK multiple times in the duration of vignette validity which is 30 days. However, there are cases when the BRP has not arrived within 10 days so you cannot collect it within 10 days or arrival in UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:31 pm

However, there are cases when the BRP has not arrived within 10 days so you cannot collect it within 10 days or arrival in UK.
Minority of cases. Most times, the BRP is there within a day of two.

This is all hypothetical questioning as most of us who are long standing members on the forum finished our journeys a long time ago before the 30 day visas came into effect.

Travel and let us know how things go.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Post by jkhaliq » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Currently I am waiting for the passports of my family, we all applied together and the decision was made on 14th of August for all three but I got my passport on 16th and they are still waiting. I am planing to travel this week and come back if there passports are not here at the end of the week. Will let you know how things progress. Thanx

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:54 pm

Why not check whether the Post Office have your BRP before travelling out of the UK? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Post by jkhaliq » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:47 am

Good idea. I am having a very bad experience with all the visa and communication with UKVi so I did not even think of contacting the post office, but would do, thanx :)

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Post by jkhaliq » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:58 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:31 pm
However, there are cases when the BRP has not arrived within 10 days so you cannot collect it within 10 days or arrival in UK.
Minority of cases. Most times, the BRP is there within a day of two.

This is all hypothetical questioning as most of us who are long standing members on the forum finished our journeys a long time ago before the 30 day visas came into effect.

Travel and let us know how things go.

well, I'm in UK and got my BRP. Post office received it on 30th of August. Decision was made on 14th August and the letter said I can collect BRP anytime after 25th. so it took 5 days more than they have stated