ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa for non EU Joining EU partner in the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

B44b6
Newly Registered
Sudan

Spouse Visa for non EU Joining EU partner in the UK

Post by B44b6 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:07 pm

Hello

I am currently in the UK on TIER 5 visa under sponsorship to work in the NHS for 2 years. My wife has joined me in the UK (Holds EU passport) and is also working with the NHS.
My situation is that my wife had to move to a different part of the UK to continue her training . Now because I hold a TIER 5 visa I cannot switch jobs without applying for a new visa so I am trying to get a spouse visa to join my wife.

We have been married for 1 year now and living in the UK since OCT 2016 .
Please help me answer three questions:

1. Is my wife allowed to sponsor me for a spouse visa with her EU passport even though she only lived here for 1 year?

2. Does the 2 year "living together" criteria apply to us married couples in the UK?

3. Do I need to leave and re-enter the country if my visa application was accepted?

Thank you in advance much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa for non EU Joining EU partner in the UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:22 pm

1. Is my wife allowed to sponsor me for a spouse visa with her EU passport even though she only lived here for 1 year?
It is not a 'visa' you apply for but a residence card. Your rights are automatic if married to an EU citizen (not British).
2. Does the 2 year "living together" criteria apply to us married couples in the UK?
No because you are married.
3. Do I need to leave and re-enter the country if my visa application was accepted?
No. You are applying for a residence card to confirm your rights as the spouse of an EU citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.