ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Green Card application - additional info required

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GreenCardApplicant
Newly Registered

Green Card application - additional info required

Post by GreenCardApplicant » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi there...

I wonder if anybody here can give any insight into my issue?

I have been on a stamp 1, issued by the GNIB office as I was studying for my CIMA qualification and needed to work full-time. So it was not a work permit and I didn't go through the Dept of Trdae & Employment.

Now I have qualified as a Chartered Management Accountant and I applied for my Greencard as I'm in the correct salary bracket.
Two weeks after I sent in the application I received a letter stating that I need to get
'A letter from the Department of Justice stating that they are happy for a Green card to issue to you should your application be sucessful.'

Has anybody every heard or seen this requirement.. I've rang the Dept of Justice and after being in a que for 30 mins they told me they don't know what I'm talking abouit and could I send in a letter requesting this letter.

It's soooo frustrating getting anything done! :twisted: And of course I need it urgently for travel visa applications...

Does anybody have any ideas?