ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) - switching from Tier 1 (Post-Study Work)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nasir_skp
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) - switching from Tier 1 (Post-Study Work)

Post by nasir_skp » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:40 pm

Dear Gurus,

I am applying for extension soon and need some clarification about the following paragraph which is on the first page of the Tier1 Entrepreneur Application form.

"On 11 July 2014, the Immigration Rules were amended for applicants who have, or were last
granted, leave as a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) migrant and wish to switch into Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
in the United Kingdom.
If you wish to rely on not less than £50,000 of your own funds, or funding from a Venture Capital
Firm, you must have been continuously engaged in business since before 11 July 2014 and up
to the date of your application. If you started your business on or after 11 July 2014, your
application will be refused. You will not be entitled to a refund of your application fee."

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04-17.pdf

I got my first Entrepreneur visa back in September 2014 based on PSW which was after 11th July 2014.
I am bit confused if it is ok to apply for extension ?

OR

The above paragraph is only for the applicant applying first time for Entrepreneur Visa?

Would appreciate you reply. Thanks

sm12
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) - switching from Tier 1 (Post-Study Work)

Post by sm12 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:29 am

Yes, if you already have the initial visa, you can apply for extension. This cut off date does not apply to you.