ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Ent Processing for International Business

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kavil1
Newly Registered
Israel

Tier 1 Ent Processing for International Business

Post by kavil1 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:46 am

Tier 1 extension 200K
Application sent off: 07/07/2017
Complex issue letter recived : 19/06/2017
Status "Awaiting a decision"

Dear colleagues,
I spend about 50% of my time per year travelling for business related
purposes, since my activities are connected to the international businesses. My absence at the meetings are likely to have a real negative impact on the efforts
made in the recent years and in some cases lead to heavy financial loss for
my UK company and myself personally.
Any suggestion how to explain the bussiness situation to HO? We worked about 2 years on some project and now I can't meet the client to finalise the last detailes :-(

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 Ent Processing for International Business

Post by marcnath » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:24 pm

Did you explain that in your cover letter? I was in a a similar situation and had a specific date to attend an exhibition even. Got my renewal in time though I can't say that was the reason.
Why do you think you got a complex letter ? If you can guess that then you can send additional clarifications.
PS : something wrong with the dates you noted. Complex letter date is before application date
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

kavil1
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by kavil1 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:49 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:24 pm
Did you explain that in your cover letter? I was in a a similar situation and had a specific date to attend an exhibition even. Got my renewal in time though I can't say that was the reason.
Why do you think you got a complex letter ? If you can guess that then you can send additional clarifications.
PS : something wrong with the dates you noted. Complex letter date is before application date
Hi,
Thanks for your comment.
I can not imagine why I received such a letter, but I see from the comments in this forum that many other applicants receive such letters. Maybe because of the unusual business model and mix of Low Tech and Hi Tech solutions and customers in our portfolio... Maybe because all of us traveling a lot and some of the sales persons working outside of UK.
In any case, I did not expect this situation and planned to finish all the procedures during the summer.
I sent to HO a description of the current projects and meetings, exhibitions and conferences that I'm afraid to miss during September and October , including personal invitations , meeting acceptation etc

P.S. sorry, I meant 19/07/2017

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:35 pm

It's been barely two months since you sent off your application. Complex letter is a generic thing being sent when a decision cannot be made within the 8 weeks mark. As has been discussed many many times here, there is no way to expedite it really
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kavil1
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by kavil1 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:27 am

Thank you. You have a great forum. It really helps to see the "big picture", and not always pleasant ... 8)
This is my first experience of applying to HO in UK and such long terms have become a realy surprise for me.