ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ROR after divorce refused

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Savagedior
Newly Registered

ROR after divorce refused

Post by Savagedior » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:13 am

ImageHi to everyone, please I need advise regarding refusal of ROR application.

Applied in may RC ROR. today received all my supporting documents and passport back, with refusal letter. With right to appeal or resubmitting application. I am trying to attach copy of refusal letter this Spammy Spammer but not able...

Reason is: I failed to provide valid passport or ID of my (now) ex wife's as a confirmation of her identity in support of application. They cannot establish that I have been direct family member of EEA national.

Should I appeal or resubmit with copy of my ex wife's ID.

I did not know if sponsors ID was necessary after I divorce and apply Retain right of residence, they already issued RC when I get married and how they can't establish that she was my wife...

Edvise will be much appreciated

Ps: please how can I upload copy of refusal letter here ...?
Thanks

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: ROR after divorce refused

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:36 am

Savagedior wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:13 am
ImageHi to everyone, please I need advise regarding refusal of ROR application.

Applied in may RC ROR. today received all my supporting documents and passport back, with refusal letter. With right to appeal or resubmitting application. I am trying to attach copy of refusal letter this Spammy Spammer but not able...

Reason is: I failed to provide valid passport or ID of my (now) ex wife's as a confirmation of her identity in support of application. They cannot establish that I have been direct family member of EEA national.

Should I appeal or resubmit with copy of my ex wife's ID.

I did not know if sponsors ID was necessary after I divorce and apply Retain right of residence, they already issued RC when I get married and how they can't establish that she was my wife...

Edvise will be much appreciated

Ps: please how can I upload copy of refusal letter here ...?
Thanks
Why dont you just resubmit if you have your ex's ID. EEA sponsors ID requirement is the latest addition to the ever changing rules.

Savagedior
Newly Registered

Post by Savagedior » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:24 pm

Thanks for reply
I don't have her ID I can try to get copy of it from her. Also I have a copy of old ID which we used for my 5 RC ... if I appeal what chances do I have from my situation? I don't think she will give me her ID she was the one who start devorce and I was begging and moaning every time contacted her regarding supporting documents...
Thanks

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:42 pm

HO must have issued a registration certifcate to the EEA national when you applied for your EEA2. do you have that BLUE BOOKLET with your eea spouse residence card in it ?
if yes that can also be used if no ID or passport is available.

i have only read this on UKVI website i dont have personal experience of it.

Thanks

Sam_12357
Iran

Post by Sam_12357 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:32 am

Hi.they rejected my ror on this base that I didn't send them original passport and her passport copy was expired...
But she got blue certificate which they issued in 2014 and I did send this with my case can you pls send me ukiv link where you read that you can use blue card?

Waiting for reply.thanks

007RAHEEL

Post by 007RAHEEL » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:16 am

Savagedior wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:24 pm
Thanks for reply
I don't have her ID I can try to get copy of it from her. Also I have a copy of old ID which we used for my 5 RC ... if I appeal what chances do I have from my situation? I don't think she will give me her ID she was the one who start devorce and I was begging and moaning every time contacted her regarding supporting documents...
Thanks
Hi did you appeal the decision ?

Shani7605
Newly Registered

Post by Shani7605 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:40 am

@Sam_12357 Do you mind sharing the exact wording of your refusal letter? As you mentioned you provided an expired copy of your sponsors passport, that’s why your ROR was refused. Requirement is to provide valid Passport/ID and expired copy of passport isn’t valid.

007RAHEEL

Post by 007RAHEEL » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:21 am

Sam_12357 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:32 am
Hi.they rejected my ror on this base that I didn't send them original passport and her passport copy was expired...
But she got blue certificate which they issued in 2014 and I did send this with my case can you pls send me ukiv link where you read that you can use blue card?

Waiting for reply.thanks
Only reason of refusal is valid id ? Did you exasin in covering letter your divorce and you’re unable to provide your ex-wife id ?

Savagedior
Newly Registered

Post by Savagedior » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:26 pm

007RAHEEL wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:16 am
Savagedior wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:24 pm
Thanks for reply
Thanks
Hi did you appeal the decision ?
Hi there
I resubmit fresh application through solicitor. I inclosed sertified copy of my ex wifes.
Solicitor filer PR which I am not sure is right way or not. Anyway will update what’s gonna happen

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:57 am

It would have been sensible to also exercise your appeal rights. You are unlikely to get an appeal right if they refuse again. PR seems premature.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Savagedior
Newly Registered

Post by Savagedior » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:38 pm

[quote=Obie post_id=1547176 time=1507769834 user_id=36693]
It would have been sensible to also exercise your appeal rights. You are unlikely to get an appeal right if they refuse again. PR seems premature.
[/quote

My refused application was for RC which I applied myself. After refuse I decided to apply through solicitor and I still don’t know why they resubmit for PR. Let’s see what is gonna happen...

Just the question: if first application is refused for 1 reason, can second application be refused for completely different reason...?
Thanks 🙏

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:49 pm

You instruct solicitors and pay them. You are entitled to a say on how your case is managed, and why a particular application is lodged.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mike101
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by mike101 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:49 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am due my Permanent residence but my application was denied twice for not including my ex's passport or i.d even though i clearly stated we are divorced and requested they take a pragmatic approach.

I have no appealed this decision and my court date is in a few days, i do not know what to expect like questions i could be asked and the success rate for those that have appealed previously.

Can anyone help?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon May 07, 2018 2:33 pm

mike101 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:49 pm
Hello Everyone,

I am due my Permanent residence but my application was denied twice for not including my ex's passport or i.d even though i clearly stated we are divorced and requested they take a pragmatic approach.

I have no appealed this decision and my court date is in a few days, i do not know what to expect like questions i could be asked and the success rate for those that have appealed previously.

Can anyone help?
Instead of tagging your question onto the end of another member's thread, please continue in your own topic which has been moved from the 'Comments and discussion' sub-forum.

eea-route-applications/appeal-for-refus ... 54880.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.