ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please, it's urgent. Passport and brp was stolen. Payment process for uk visit visa.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hoang3693
Newly Registered

Please, it's urgent. Passport and brp was stolen. Payment process for uk visit visa.

Post by Hoang3693 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:25 pm

Im an international student in Uk. I travelled to Italy two days ago then I was stolen the bag containing my passport and brp. I asked the others who used to have same case then I was suggested to apply uk standard visit visa to come back UK first. All people I know have succeeded. However I got a ridiculous problem that when I apply in Gov.uk, all the steps are done except the payment, it is said still be in process so my application is just partly complete. The money is taken from my available bank account. I ask Home office but they just said it is technical problems and nothing they can do. They say I should try other devices but I tried them all: Ios, android, window, Mac, etc but the problem is still the same. Is there anyone having or had the same problem. Could you guys advised me what should I do next. Thank all of you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please, it's urgent. Passport and brp was stolen. Payment process for uk visit visa.

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:48 pm

You should not be applying for a standard visitor visa as you are NOT a visitor. It could potentially invalidate your student visa.

You should have applied for a single entry visa specific for reasons such as BRP lost or stolen, submitting evidence that you have reported it as stolen etc.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/replace

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hoang3693
Newly Registered

Re: Please, it's urgent. Passport and brp was stolen. Payment process for uk visit visa.

Post by Hoang3693 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:41 pm

You may not understand the situation. There is no type of visa for replacement brp to entry UK. The link you gave me is useless because after report lost brp, it leads to the new visa application as the other cases. My friend did pay 100 pounds to uk home office solicitors to get advise. They suggested that the only way to enter back to Uk is apply the visit visa and explain the case to home office. Many people succeeded with this way and I know all of them. The problem now is only about payment process, nothing wrong with the visit visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:25 am

Oh well if you know all the processs then I will leave others to offer any further advice to you if they wish to comment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Hoang3693 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:41 pm
You may not understand the situation. There is no type of visa for replacement brp to entry UK. The link you gave me is useless because after report lost brp, it leads to the new visa application as the other cases. My friend did pay 100 pounds to uk home office solicitors to get advise. They suggested that the only way to enter back to Uk is apply the visit visa and explain the case to home office. Many people succeeded with this way and I know all of them. The problem now is only about payment process, nothing wrong with the visit visa.
I would suggest you to consider (and perhaps follow) the advice already given by CR001 as that is the valid advice. Your friend who paid 100£ to solicitor got wrong advice.

See
If your BRP was lost, stolen or damaged outside the UK
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.