ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 years delay in ILR application process

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

krish2017
Newly Registered
India

2 years delay in ILR application process

Post by krish2017 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:17 pm

I made a postal application for ILR under tier 1 general as a family of 4 Last march 2016 got a letter saying that there will be delay in the process after 6 months time.After which in march 2017 got a letter for interview and attended the interview from which I am still waiting for a response or decision.Havent head any thing so far.my agent keeps saying i should wait and not very helpful but advises me to raise a complaint only.
Can anyone advise what I should do in this situation.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: 2 years delay in ILR application process

Post by makky86 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:50 pm

krish2017 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:17 pm
I made a postal application for ILR under tier 1 general as a family of 4 Last march 2016 got a letter saying that there will be delay in the process after 6 months time.After which in march 2017 got a letter for interview and attended the interview from which I am still waiting for a response or decision.Havent head any thing so far.my agent keeps saying i should wait and not very helpful but advises me to raise a complaint only.
Can anyone advise what I should do in this situation.
Sorry to say but you cannot do much about it. Contact your Local MP sometime it does expedite the prcoess. But if you had any Tax amendments then do expect delays.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

krish2017
Newly Registered
India

Post by krish2017 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:14 am

Thank you will contact the local MP.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:16 am

And it is not a '2 year delay' yet, it is 18 months!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:30 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:16 am
And it is not a '2 year delay' yet, it is 18 months!!
Considering massive delays on T1 to ILR with tax amendments. What HO is going to do about it? They cannot keep delaying forever ! What you recokon will happen? Are they going to eventually start issuing ILR or refuse as many as they can?
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

krish2017
Newly Registered
India

Post by krish2017 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:14 pm

I Received letter from HO after my MP contacted them saying that they will make a decision as soon as possible.Ho still verifying basic details based on the application from us.looks like they have just opened
my application.
Have send second email to Mp is there anything else we can do at this time please someone advise.

krish2017
Newly Registered
India

Post by krish2017 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:14 pm

I Received letter from HO after my MP contacted them saying that they will make a decision as soon as possible.Ho still verifying basic details based on the application from us.looks like they have just opened
my application.
Have send second email to Mp is there anything else we can do at this time please someone advise.

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr-dep » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:08 am

Hi Krish2017,
I am in the same situation. Applied for ILR in july 2016. Its been 18 months+ still waiting for the outcome. Please let me know if you have received any response for your ILR.

Thanks

omokehinde
Newly Registered

Post by omokehinde » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi there,

i too am in the same boat.
Applied Feb 2016, contacted my MP in April 2017. Got sent a questionnaire in June, filled and returned in July.
No word since then. :cry:

ilr-dep
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr-dep » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi Omokehinde,

Which category you have applied for? Do you have any tax amendment? I just want to figure out why they take this long to process.

My visa details:

July 2016 -- Applied ILR under Tier 1 General.
Dec 2016 -- Complex letter issued
April 2017 -- Received questionnaire after contacting MP.

I have read in this forum people with tax amendments are waiting for long time. But I don't have any tax amendment. Please share your experiences.

omokehinde
Newly Registered

Post by omokehinde » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:51 pm

ilr-dep wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:01 pm
Hi Omokehinde,

Which category you have applied for? Do you have any tax amendment? I just want to figure out why they take this long to process.

My visa details:

July 2016 -- Applied ILR under Tier 1 General.
Dec 2016 -- Complex letter issued
April 2017 -- Received questionnaire after contacting MP.

I have read in this forum people with tax amendments are waiting for long time. But I don't have any tax amendment. Please share your experiences.
Applied ILR under Tier 1 General (with 1 dependant)
No Tax amendments - Earnings were combined self-employed and paid employment

JL2015
Newly Registered
India

Post by JL2015 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:58 am

Hi Guys

I just want to share my situation here as well.

-Jul-16 Sent ILR application in with tax amendment
-Dec-16 Received HO letter saying it’s complex and decision is delayed, meantime, my husband got his ILR in Nov-16 via premium service ( he also had tax amendment, but I think he was lucky and he got his ILR on the day and they did ask him if he has paid tax which he did, so he showed him the proofs)
*some of you might ask why didn’t I do as dependent with my husband together..?* the reason was because my T1g expired in Jul-16 and his in Nov-16, due to the time gap, I wasn’t able to apply as his dependent…. Hence why the long wait for me started since……..

-Mar-17 I received questionnaire regarding the self-employment income.. completed and sent back to HO asap.
-Oct-17 Again HO sent letter saying complex and decision cannot be made
-Oct-17 I met local MP and he sent a letter to HO. But to be honest, there was no differences and nothing has changed.
-Dec-17 I decided to switch to my husband dependent under FLR(M) and sent all the necessary documents.
-Jan-18 HO ILR team refunded me the ILR application fee£1,875 and started processing my FLR(M)( obviously I paid for the FLR(M) fees I think it was £900+IHS surcharges £600)

At the moment, the only thing makes me a bit “positive” is they at least refunded me the ILR application fee since they haven’t made any decision

I haven’t received any update for my FLR(M) yet, but HO has sent me letter to say they have received my FLR(M) application and it’s under process, decision will be made within 8 weeks unless otherwise.

I will definitely let you guys know the update..(hopefully, they don’t come up with complex issue again as I think the FLR(M) is much straightforward)

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:15 am

JL2015 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:58 am
Hi Guys

I just want to share my situation here as well.

-Jul-16 Sent ILR application in with tax amendment
-Dec-16 Received HO letter saying it’s complex and decision is delayed, meantime, my husband got his ILR in Nov-16 via premium service ( he also had tax amendment, but I think he was lucky and he got his ILR on the day and they did ask him if he has paid tax which he did, so he showed him the proofs)
*some of you might ask why didn’t I do as dependent with my husband together..?* the reason was because my T1g expired in Jul-16 and his in Nov-16, due to the time gap, I wasn’t able to apply as his dependent…. Hence why the long wait for me started since……..

-Mar-17 I received questionnaire regarding the self-employment income.. completed and sent back to HO asap.

-Oct-17 Again HO sent letter saying complex and decision cannot be made
-Oct-17 I met local MP and he sent a letter to HO. But to be honest, there was no differences and nothing has changed.
-Dec-17 I decided to switch to my husband dependent under FLR(M) and sent all the necessary documents.
-Jan-18 HO ILR team refunded me the ILR application fee£1,875 and started processing my FLR(M)( obviously I paid for the FLR(M) fees I think it was £900+IHS surcharges £600)

At the moment, the only thing makes me a bit “positive” is they at least refunded me the ILR application fee since they haven’t made any decision

I haven’t received any update for my FLR(M) yet, but HO has sent me letter to say they have received my FLR(M) application and it’s under process, decision will be made within 8 weeks unless otherwise.

I will definitely let you guys know the update..(hopefully, they don’t come up with complex issue again as I think the FLR(M) is much straightforward)

many thanks. I am also in the same boat. I am planning to apply FLR-M this week.please do update us if you get any further updates.

JL2015
Newly Registered
India

Post by JL2015 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:06 pm

Update

FLR (M) approved on 27th Jan and letter received on the 31st of Jan!

Finally after waited for ILR 1 year and half then switched to FLR(m), I got my visa for 30 months… but hopefully going forward no more issues..

All the best guys.

ILR2015-2016

Post by ILR2015-2016 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:16 pm

JL2015 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:06 pm
Update

FLR (M) approved on 27th Jan and letter received on the 31st of Jan!

Finally after waited for ILR 1 year and half then switched to FLR(m), I got my visa for 30 months… but hopefully going forward no more issues..

All the best guys.

many many congratulations.

when did you submit your bio metrics in post office?

krish2017
Newly Registered
India

Post by krish2017 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:46 pm

ilr-dep wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:08 am
Hi Krish2017,
I am in the same situation. Applied for ILR in july 2016. Its been 18 months+ still waiting for the outcome. Please let me know if you have received any response for your ILR.

Thanks
Hi
By gods grace received ILR in dec 2018.

Best wishes for all..