ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa refused - help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

keewei
Newly Registered
Singapore

Tier 2 Visa refused - help

Post by keewei » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:42 am

Hi everyone

I applied for a Tier 2 Visa and was refused because of the maintenance funds. The bank statement I submitted did not meet the 90 consecutive day periods. However, I definitely have the maintenance funds for 90 days. I cannot reapply for a new visa due to RMLT restrictions on my COS.

I have asked for an administrative review - does anyone have any success with administrative review with evidential flexibility and was allowed to submit more bank statements to support it?

Many thanks for the help in advance!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 Visa refused - help

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:52 am

If you believe that you have kept the fund in your account for 90 days and you provided the statement but was wrongly refused, then your AR should be successful.
Additional documents are not allowed during AR, so you cannot submit another statement of account.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

keewei
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by keewei » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:53 am

I have kept the fund in my account for 90 days but the statement I provided did not add up to exactly 90 days or more. I read the administrative review guidance that there is an evidential flexibility rule to allow case workers to request for additional documents.

I stand to lose my job simply because my bank statement did not cross 90 days and am hoping someone could help with a solution regarding this. Does anyone have any experience in which additional documents was allowed to be submitted during administrative review and a successful outcome?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:01 am

I guess people with more experience about AR will give more information. It appears it's just a minor error from your side. The case worker might use his/her discretion about the statement.
Again, please wait for more advice on the issue of flexibility of additional documents.

All the best
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

keewei
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by keewei » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:49 pm

does anyone have any success with administrative review because of maintenance funds/bank statement problems?

Please help.

Also, does anyone know when/how soon they get in touch to request for supporting documents?

thanks in advance

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:11 pm

I am not sure about AR. I would suggest you to make a new application with new COS.

What do you mean by this?
"I cannot reapply for a new visa due to RMLT restrictions on my COS."