ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For anyone frustrated about application delays

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chels
Mood:
Ireland

For anyone frustrated about application delays

Post by chels » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 am

Quick message to anyone experiencing a delay in their application and feeling a little low about it!
  • Whilst its wonderful to see updates of approval in the timeline thread, it can also be tough when you want so badly for it to be your turn - try not to let it get to you, our turns will come!
  • Try to avoid comparing yourself to other applicants based on time or type of application. It used to be (somewhat) reliable to try to predict in previous years but it seems like this year things have gone a bit mad so you'll only tie yourself in knots wondering whether you're going to get yours because someone else who applied at the same time got theirs!
  • Don't stress when you receive yet another non-committal / template email response from INIS, don't waste time or emotions trying to read between the lines. It is what it is and they can't tell you anything specific anyway
  • All this anguish will be forgotten one day when we're finally citizens, finally get that passport and the first time we go and excersize our right to vote in referendums! As they love to say, Citizenship is a privilege not a right - we'll get that privilege too in the fullness of time
...Wrote that for myself as much as anyone else! I have to say it is very comforting to know that others on here understand exactly how I feel even though I have never met any of you! Best of luck to all!

Application Based On: British / American Citizen, Civil Partner of Irish Citizen, 3 years residency (have lived in Ireland 22 years though!)
Applied On: 19th Jan, 2017
Application Received On: 20th Jan, 2017
Acknowledgement: (Dated) 31st Jan, 2016 (Received) 3rd Feb, 2017
Original Passport Returned On: 3rd Feb, 2017
Second Letter: Pending
Approval Letter: Pending

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Re: For anyone frustrated about application delays

Post by chels » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:53 pm

Well it seems like fate! After posting this today I finally received my 2nd stage letter!

Best of luck to everyone else waiting! It will happen for us all soon!

harmain
Newly Registered

Post by harmain » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi chels,

My decision is due by 23/09/2017 which is saturday so I guess they have forgotten that saturday is off LOL, but I wish I receive my visa in 4-5 days.

Thank you for encouraging words as I needed it the most because it's been 15 months since I am in this game I want to get out of this loop and think ahead once my decision has been taken.

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Post by chels » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:59 am

I wish you the very best of luck and expedience harmain! We'll all get there in the end :)

Dure
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dure » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:00 pm

chels wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:21 am
Quick message to anyone experiencing a delay in their application and feeling a little low about it!
  • Whilst its wonderful to see updates of approval in the timeline thread, it can also be tough when you want so badly for it to be your turn - try not to let it get to you, our turns will come!
  • Try to avoid comparing yourself to other applicants based on time or type of application. It used to be (somewhat) reliable to try to predict in previous years but it seems like this year things have gone a bit mad so you'll only tie yourself in knots wondering whether you're going to get yours because someone else who applied at the same time got theirs!
  • Don't stress when you receive yet another non-committal / template email response from INIS, don't waste time or emotions trying to read between the lines. It is what it is and they can't tell you anything specific anyway
  • All this anguish will be forgotten one day when we're finally citizens, finally get that passport and the first time we go and excersize our right to vote in referendums! As they love to say, Citizenship is a privilege not a right - we'll get that privilege too in the fullness of time
...Wrote that for myself as much as anyone else! I have to say it is very comforting to know that others on here understand exactly how I feel even though I have never met any of you! Best of luck to all!

Application Based On: British / American Citizen, Civil Partner of Irish Citizen, 3 years residency (have lived in Ireland 22 years though!)
Applied On: 19th Jan, 2017
Application Received On: 20th Jan, 2017
Acknowledgement: (Dated) 31st Jan, 2016 (Received) 3rd Feb, 2017
Original Passport Returned On: 3rd Feb, 2017
Second Letter: Pending
Approval Letter: Pending

Thank you for writing this post.. I applied in the same category as you and send my application on 2oth of Jan 2017 . Still waiting. .. 😒