ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR Holder Passport Stamped

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ba24
Newly Registered

PR Holder Passport Stamped

Post by ba24 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:00 am

I hold Permanent residence(more than a year old now ) card as i am family member of EEA National.

I went on holidays for couple of weeks and come back on 11 Sep 2017 . I was in the queue of EEA /UK nationals upon my turn immigration officer called me and when officer saw my non -uk passport ;advised me to queue in non EU side and ignored my PR card.

I queued up myself in non -EU side and again I was served by same officer (which refused to serve me before)

Office started to ask questions ; how did you get this PR ? where is your spouse ? Where do you live ? Where do you work ? Whats your company name ? Whats your employer name ...... etc

I answered every question

Then officer asked where is my landing card ; I replied I don't need with reference to EU law.
Then officer asked me to give my finger prints ; i gave my finger prints (finger and thumb impression)
and Then officer un expectedly stamped by passport with entry stamp and write PR card's reference number along with stamp.
I was very surprised ;as it was the first time my passport was stamped even explaining EU rights.

Question1 : Is it new policy that's been introduced in September 2017 ?
Question2: Was the officer wrong to stamp my passport ?
Question3: Is there any harm if my passport was stamped ?
Question4: What should I do ?
Question5: Could this stamp cause any problems in future.

Please Help

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: PR Holder Passport Stamped

Post by Richard W » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:50 pm

ba24 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:00 am
Question1 : Is it new policy that's been introduced in September 2017 ?
Probably not - but wait for other reports.
ba24 wrote:
Question2: Was the officer wrong to stamp my passport ?
Yes. He's in breach of EEA Regulation 11(3).
ba24 wrote:
Question3: Is there any harm if my passport was stamped ?
Only in so far as it might fill up too quickly.
ba24 wrote:
Question4: What should I do ?
Stop worrying, unless you're a frequent traveller.
ba24 wrote:
Question5: Could this stamp cause any problems in future.
Unlikely. What does it say?

ba24
Newly Registered

Post by ba24 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:54 am

Hi Richard

My passport page contains Immigration Stamp and above PR card number.

She (Immigration Officer) Read Permanent Card number and wrote along entry stamp on my passport ; so there is no chance she could not see Permanent Residence Card.

Still confused : Why Officer collected my finger prints before entry and then granted me entry ???

I have applied for naturalization ; could this affect my application ??

Should i contact UKVI and ask why my passport was stamped ?

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 am

ba24 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:54 am
Still confused : Why Officer collected my finger prints before entry and then granted me entry ???
Maybe to check that the system works, that your prints correspond to that residence card, that all the information they have appears on the screen at that moment??
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:28 pm

I travel for business and been in/out country once a month if not 6 weeks for short meetings inside and outside EU. Today I got back from Dubai at LHR, I was issued with Non EU PR card back in April and have been travelling since(as stated above) but today First time in 6 years or so, Border Officer stamped my passport and took finger prints /wrote my biometric RC number in my passport above the stamp.

So I’d reiterate the question, is there any change in policy? It doesn’t bother me, but I felt bit awkward. I thought of even questioning her but I had to catch my coach so I just didn’t wanted to create a scene.

Just sharing, perhaps there is a change in policy same in line with EU countries stamping in and out.

Thanks
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 am

Just to add my recent experience -- re-entered via juxtaposed border controls at Brussels Midi (Eurostar) on 22 October with my newly-issued EEA PR card. Absolutely no change to previous experience using EEA RC: Border Force officer machine-scanned PR card to make sure it was authentic, looked at passport, asked if I still live in the UK, and handed it all back. No stamp, no request for a landing card, no questioning, nothing.

These may be cases of inexperienced/poorly-trained officers, or ones who normally man the All Other Passports queue being put on the EU queue and assuming the rules are the same. My understanding is at big airports/terminals they tend to work one queue or the other, not often both, because the rules can be very different.