ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO will visit office and take Interview at office

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

FMA
Newly Registered

HO will visit office and take Interview at office

Post by FMA » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:27 pm

Hello Moderators and Members

I had applied for T1 Ent extension in Feb this year and still waiting an outcome.

Meanwhile I have seen few members reported to have had detailed interviewes by HO staff at their office premises, one reported was 4 hours long.
Most of the members/applicants I have seen on this forum have started their new business after getting T1-E visa and accordingly shared their respective experiences and problems, whereas I have case of joining a running business by investing 200k, though initially (while applying T1-E visa, I had submitted business plan for new business).

I have few questions regarding interview (if called) in context to my case;

1) Trust this is fine to change or retract from original business plan and opt to invest in a running business.

2) Shall I need to justify why I didnt stick to my original business plan or why I chose this business (where I have currently invested).

2) We are few Directors operating and overseeing the business and we have mutually designated our duties and responsibilities. Thus being an Admin/HR Director, do I need to know the details/documentations etc for Marketing, Finance etc which do not fall in my Domain.
It may be worth mentioning that other Directors are British Citizens and have no cases pending before HO.

3) How should I reply or justify the questions which do not pertain to my responsibilities in my business system.

4) Shall it be considered offensive or negative on my case if I say, I need to check with my Finance Director or My Operations Director etc for any irrelevant question.

Experiences and Input of Moderators/Sr Members and those members who recently had interviews will be appreciated.

Best regards
FMA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HO will visit office and take Interview at office

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:44 pm

I have split your post to its own topic (here) as you have asked a number of questions tagged onto another members thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rochelle86
Newly Registered

Post by rochelle86 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Hello,

I have heard this new thing of HO visit to office premises. What if I have registered address but I do not have a business premises as it is online Travel agency business and my employees work from Home too

What do you suggest in this situation.

Many thanks

Regards,
Rochelle

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:15 pm

rochelle86 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:19 pm
Hello,

I have heard this new thing of HO visit to office premises. What if I have registered address but I do not have a business premises as it is online Travel agency business and my employees work from Home too

Many thanks

Regards,
Rochelle
Where is your company registered? Virtual office address or home address?
If its home they will come to your home.
I am sure in this case they will call/email you but that will be a very short notice.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:05 am

rochelle86 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:19 pm
Hello,

Many thanks

Regards,
Rochelle
There is no requirement in the immigration rules that you business needs to have a physical premises. So, that alone cannot be the basis of a refusal.
If you have all the right documents for getting the points, the only thing that HO can reject your visa extension is on the basis of the genuine entrepreneur test.
Yes, UKVI/HO may not be the best qualified to assess certain aspects of entrepreneurship and so these visits will add stress and is inconvenient, but you and others on this forum who are genuine have no reason to get overly worried about these additional checks.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:18 am

FMA wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:27 pm

1) Trust this is fine to change or retract from original business plan and opt to invest in a running business.
Yes, it is fine. In fact, the guidance even specifically states that UKVI understands entrepreneurs may not stick to their original business.
FMA wrote:

2) Shall I need to justify why I didnt stick to my original business plan or why I chose this business (where I have currently invested).
UKVI/HO has every right to ask any question they need in order to assess whether you are a genuine entrepreneur. Nothing for worry about if you do have a reason.
FMA wrote:
2) We are few Directors operating and overseeing the business and we have mutually designated our duties and responsibilities. Thus being an Admin/HR Director, do I need to know the details/documentations etc for Marketing, Finance etc which do not fall in my Domain.
It may be worth mentioning that other Directors are British Citizens and have no cases pending before HO.
3) How should I reply or justify the questions which do not pertain to my responsibilities in my business system.

4) Shall it be considered offensive or negative on my case if I say, I need to check with my Finance Director or My Operations Director etc for any irrelevant question.
In general, the answer is Yes. Does not mean you need to every thing that happens on a day to day basis, but as an entrepreneur, I would expect you to have quite a good knowledge of all aspects of the business.
A key element of entrepreneurship is the risk involved in an entrepreneurial venture and you can't really manage that risk without knowing how the company is doing its marketing or managing its cash flow.
If someone have invested money into a company in return for a "job" as a Director with specific responsibilities then it will be tough to classify them as an entrepreneur.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.