ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about Emmegrating to Aus

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

macca
Newly Registered

Question about Emmegrating to Aus

Post by macca » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Hi

I need some advice here.

My mother and i live in the UK, and we are getting a bit fed up with things here.

The problem is, my mother and i are both disabled. My mother is blind, and i have Aspergers Syndrome Autism.

My mother, since is blind can not work. She is 52.

We looked at going to Melbourne to live as it would be better than here.

I have had a look at the immigration website and it says you have to have skills and such, but i wanted to know how we could come over to Australia to live? I am currently carer for my mother.

Aussie Bob
Newly Registered

Get Professional Advice

Post by Aussie Bob » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:49 am

G'day Macca,

This is a difficult one mate, you have a very different case to many infact te majority of migrants to Oz.

Firstly for you it is a massive step due to your illness, (people with Asperger's Syndrome, deficits in social interaction and unusual responses to the environment, similar to those in autism) So this would test you to the limit in a new and very different environment like Australia. Add this to the responsibility you would then have for your Mum. mate, you would have a lot of preasure on you.

But no one should ever stop another person trying to do something. My first advice would be to speak to a really good migration agent. In a case such as yours you will need all the help you can get and definetly profesional advice. My experience of agents is limited but I know and hear many people speak very highly about GO MATILDA. http://www.gomatilda.com (This is not an advert just a help to Macca)Their boss Alan Collett is an excellent guy, and they operate in UK and Australia. I think your first 30 minutes or so with them maybe free of charge. They would tell you straight off what your chances are of migration.

I hope all works out for you and that you get plenty of advice. Also as I tell anyone, always try and visit a place before jumping into a full big time move. Australia is very, very different to the UK
All the best,
BOB

pyke

Re: Get Professional Advice

Post by pyke » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:09 am

Aussie Bob wrote: Also as I tell anyone, always try and visit a place before jumping into a full big time move. Australia is very, very different to the UK

Hi Aussie Bob,

Would you mind elaborating on that, please? Good different or bad different?