ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport Application for Wife and Son

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

virgotash

Spouse Naturalization & kids Name

Post by virgotash » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:38 pm

Hi All,
I have couple of questions regarding naturalisation of my wife and kids. I have applied for my naturalisation and yet no decision received. I know that if my application is successful so after ceremony my wife can apply as spouse of BC under 3 years rule. My question is if it delayed or negative outcome then can my wife apply with kids at its own. Her time line .

Entered in UK August 2012.
Got ILR October 2016 under rules before July 2012.

Can she apply in October 2017 after completing 12 months on ILR and 5 years residence or first complete 5 years from August 2012 to August 2017 and then 12 months on ILR i.e in August 2018.

My Second question is my both sons name on Passport was written in incorrect format. Below are mock names for understanding

1. Raja Muhammad Ali
2. Raja Muhammad Hassan

On passport Under Surname/Family name written as Raja and First / Given name as Muhammad Ali and for second son Muhammad Hassan and same printed on BRP.

Now I changed their names on passport and will receive Passport in the last week of this month.
Now as per passport their names will be as
Surname Ali Given Name Raja Muhammad
Surname Hassan Given Name Raja Muhammad

My question is should I report this change before their application for naturalisation or just change name as showing on Passport and mention previous name.

Thanks in advance and looking forward for proactive advice.

virgotash

British Passport Application for Wife and Son

Post by virgotash » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi CR001 & Casa, Sorry to jump into some one else thread because I asked similar question few days ago may be due to vague and complex nature of my question being overlooked. So I got 1 answer that my wife and kids can apply after 12 months of ILR plus 5 years total residence. Right?
The second question was i changed kids name order that needs to be reported or can use correct name on MN1 form.

Thanks in advance.. :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Passport Application for Wife and Son

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:03 pm

virgotash wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:14 pm
Hi CR001 & Casa, Sorry to jump into some one else thread because I asked similar question few days ago may be due to vague and complex nature of my question being overlooked. So I got 1 answer that my wife and kids can apply after 12 months of ILR plus 5 years total residence. Right?
The second question was i changed kids name order that needs to be reported or can use correct name on MN1 form.

Thanks in advance.. :)
Consisered rude to tag onto another members topic and it is unfair to other members to do so.

5 years residence for citizenship of which 1 year must be on ILR (if you are not British), so basically 4 years plus 1 year ILR.

MN1 willl be granted in the name that appears in the child's foreign passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

virgotash

Post by virgotash » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Sorry again CR001, but eventually I got seniors attention and answer to my questions.

I know my previous attitude was rude when i was asking for help for my kids ILR. I was depressed because of wrong advise from the Solicitor even though I paid a huge sum and said harsh word to you guys.

This forum indeed a light of hope in dark during immigration journey. You guys done a wonderful job and honestly my kids would be illegal immigrants if I don't follow this forum. But now they have ILR with out breaking any immigration law because of this free of cost exceptionally phenomenal service.

Thanks to all and apologise for any harsh attitude / words. :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Feel free to ask any further questions in this topic for your wife and son's applications.

We are happy to help, just members to be patient and follow the rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.