ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Year prior to application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Activegta
inactive
Ireland

Year prior to application

Post by Activegta » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Hi,

I'm just checking what the below refers to if anyone who has gone through the process can confirm please?

If you are an EU citizen for more than five years please submit proof of residence in the State amounting to a total of five years in the last nine years, to include the year prior to application.

Specifically the year prior to application piece. If applying in 2017 does this mean provide proof of residence for year 2016? - as opposed to providing proof of the year 2017...

Thanks

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Year prior to application

Post by chels » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:50 am

It means that when proving your residency, as well as proving you have the 4 years in the last 9 years, you must have lived in the state for the year prior to your application submission date. They don't want people applying who have moved away from Ireland basically.

In terms of documents, that will mean different things depending on the year / date you apply...For example, in my case I submitted my application on 19th Jan 2017 so I made sure to provide 3x proof of address for both 2016 & 2017 so I would covered. This was what I gave in:

4 years in the last 8 years:
  • 2011: 3x proof of address
  • 2012: 3x proof of address
  • 2013: 3x proof of address
  • 2015: 3x proof of address ]
Proof of residency for year prior to application date
  • 2016: 3x proof of address
  • 2017: 3x proof of address

If I were applying now I would also do the same (i.e. 2016 & 2017). I suppose if someone's application date was the 31st of December in a given year they might get away with supplying docs for that year and skipping the year previous if they didn't have them to hand. But in most cases its likely that the year prior means the current year + a portion of the year previous.

Best of luck with your application!
Last edited by chels on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Year prior to application

Post by Mal111 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:55 am

the rule is to provide proof of residence for the years your claiming in the past nine years however second condition is you must me residence 1 year piror to the application so yeah you have to provide proof of residence for 2016 aswell.

also note some times they ask last 3 months proof of residence before moving your application to second stage.
thanks