ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry to UK after a 12 year overstay

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jabbajaws
Newly Registered

Re-entry to UK after a 12 year overstay

Post by Jabbajaws » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:10 am

Dear All,

Im a newbie writing on behalf of my Canadian friend. I dont know anything at all about immigration rules which is why l have found myself on your website.

My friend came over from Canada to the UK 12/13 years ago. She met an Englishman and ended up overstaying for 12 years without a visa.

They had a child together who is approximately 4 years old but ended up parting and the break up wasnt pleasant. The child's father tried to have my Canadian friend deported by informing immigration office that she had overstayed.

My friend says that a UK Judge refused to deport her due to the fact that she has a child born and resident in this country and allowed her to remain.

However, later my friend was viciously attacked and her family requested that she went back to Canada. She applied for some form of passport to get her home but now wishes to return to see her daughter.

What does she need to do legally in order to come and see her daughter? Is it possible at all for her to do this?
She has never been told that she can't return. The child's father has full custody of the child.

Can anyone offer any advice at all for me to give to her? I will check for any feedback as soon as im able.

Thank you for reading.

vinny

Re: Re-entry to UK after a 12 year overstay

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:17 am

Jabbajaws wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:10 am
Dear All,

Im a newbie writing on behalf of my Canadian friend. I dont know anything at all about immigration rules which is why l have found myself on your website.

My friend came over from Canada to the UK 12/13 years ago. She met an Englishman and ended up overstaying for 12 years without a visa.

They had a child together who is approximately 4 years old but ended up parting and the break up wasnt pleasant. The child's father tried to have my Canadian friend deported by informing immigration office that she had overstayed.

My friend says that a UK Judge refused to deport her due to the fact that she has a child born and resident in this country and allowed her to remain.

However, later my friend was viciously attacked and her family requested that she went back to Canada. She applied for some form of passport to get her home but now wishes to return to see her daughter.

What does she need to do legally in order to come and see her daughter? Is it possible at all for her to do this?
She has never been told that she can't return. The child's father has full custody of the child.

Can anyone offer any advice at all for me to give to her? I will check for any feedback as soon as im able.

Thank you for reading.
Apply as a parent?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.