ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Citizenship as Irish spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Abdulla Rehmat
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Applying for Citizenship as Irish spouse

Post by Abdulla Rehmat » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:52 am

I married with Irish spouse in 2013 I got my first stamp in 2015 every year I renewed my stamp after two stamps third stamp I got stamp 3 years which is till 2020
I checked my 3 year residences on GNIB Site which is saying I m due for 4 months
Me and my wife living together since we married she is full time employee and I am also too since we married .my question is can I apply for my citizenship now and how long it will take if I apply for my citizenship
If anybody answer my question
Thanks

Cz2015
Ireland

Re: Applying for Citizenship as Irish spouse

Post by Cz2015 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:05 am

Abdulla Rehmat wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:52 am
I married with Irish spouse in 2013 I got my first stamp in 2015 every year I renewed my stamp after two stamps third stamp I got stamp 3 years which is till 2020
I checked my 3 year residences on GNIB Site which is saying I m due for 4 months
Me and my wife living together since we married she is full time employee and I am also too since we married .my question is can I apply for my citizenship now and how long it will take if I apply for my citizenship
Thanks
My advice to u is to wait until after you're 3 years residence is finished
As I applied before my 3 years were finished toke a year and a half to get a decision and I was refused because I ddnt meat the residence conditions. I had to apply again in May.

Abdulla Rehmat
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Abdulla Rehmat » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:50 am

Thanks very much for your Advice
and wish you good Luck for your Citizenship

juliaewe
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by juliaewe » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:51 pm

Abdulla Rehmat wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:52 am
Thanks
Hello Abdulla Rehmat,

Can I ask you some questions about how you were getting your firs Stamp after the marriage? Did you apply to Spouse of Irish unit? Did it really took 2 years for you to get first Stamp? I personally applied for Permission to remain as spouse of Irish to Spouse of Irish Unit and have been waiting for the decision around 6 months now(they say 12 month is max). I just cannot find any detailed information about this, I searched for this info throughout the Internet and cant find anything. That is why I would really appreciate if you could answer my questions because you are the only person I found, who was getting Stamp through marriage to Irish citizen.

I wish you get your citizenship without any worries and troubles.
Thanks again!

Topcat72m
Ireland

Post by Topcat72m » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:15 pm

My wife is waiting 15 months now for permission to remain. We got a TD to ask what's the delay as they wouldn't respond to us.

They just said she is in process and will be dealt with in due course.

Abdulla Rehmat1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Abdulla Rehmat1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:28 am

Hi
Juilaewe
You don’t need to be worried about it
It’s maximum time is 12 months for Irish spouse application
After 11 months I got my stamp but remember definite they may asking you again resubmit your all documents which you already submitted
When they request you again for resubmit your dox just send all your dox after one month you will get your stamp
Wish you good luck