ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR: self -assessment mismatch

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ashyog
Newly Registered
India

ILR: self -assessment mismatch

Post by Ashyog » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi,

************ URGENT PLZ*******************

I have got my first tier-1 general in 2010 with the income of £21500 ( my threshold was £20,000) from 2 sources of income out of 1 source is self-employment income of £ 4000 with a profit of £4000. After that, I had 2 more extensions in 2013 and 2015 which went smoothly with the permanent job income. Now I am planning to apply ILR in Nov 2017.
Now my query is, when I filed the self-assessment tax return in 2010, I didn't show £4000 as a profit, ( I used £4000 as profit on my Visa application) and didn't pay tax on it. I have submitted the tax return with the expenses and only £1000 as a profit.
But now when I have asked HMRC to send me the tax summary of 2009/10, they send me a letter confirming income of £26300 from 2 permanent jobs and tax paid on them. Out of 2 Jobs, I didn't show to HO 1 job income in 2010 during my visa application, but my total income is still more than the income I have used in my first Tier-1 visa.

The contradiction is that I have used self-employment income of £4000 as profit during the first Visa application but now when I check my self-assessment for 2009/10 it shows 0 tax paid, but If you see full income for that year 2009/10 it is more than I have used during my 1st application.

Could anyone please help me on this.
Does it make a difference and will this self-assessment mismatch will it affect my ILR application.
Eagerly waiting for a reply.

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ILR: self -assessment mismatch

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Definite rejection.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Ashyog
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ashyog » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi wanderer,

Thanks for your reply, but I still have more income than I have shown to HO in my first visa.

Will they not consider this point.

Thanks

Ashyog
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ashyog » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi members,

Could you please advise in my above request ...

monty87

Post by monty87 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:54 pm

It will effect your ILR. Homeoffice scrutinise self employment income and tax paid according to the income declared to HO at the time of visa application.

Expect a bumpy ride sir!

Ashyog
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ashyog » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi,

*********************** URGENT ****************************
Thanks for your reply Monty, but if you read my query I still have more than £20,000 seeing on my HMRC account through employment income and I have paid tax on it as well and that is without any amendment done on my self-employment income or you can say without paying any tax on it.

Could anyone else as well share the experience?

Thanks

Carwan10
Newly Registered

Post by Carwan10 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:37 pm

Dear,

Most of the people had done similar thing like you for getting tier1 visa initially. Now they are getting refused even if they have amended tax and matched the figures they have shown to home office in first application. So in your case its big difference of tax stated to HO and tax paid to HMRC, now you should first of all amend the figures and apply by post.
Get services of good accountants and immigration services provider who can understand ur situation and solve the issue accordingly,
Start searching for substitutes of visa categories as well in mean time,
But its really going to be bumpy road,so make your mind and try to save money for the challenges coming in future.
Anyway you have to be strong and get professional services ASAP,
I wish you good luck and pray for you to not to suffer like other people in same situation.