ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will there be any impact in ILR process if there is a gap of four months without salary between jobs ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajchaitanya
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Will there be any impact in ILR process if there is a gap of four months without salary between jobs ?

Post by rajchaitanya » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi All,

I am on Tier 2 General Visa for the last 3.5 years and recently changed my sponsorship to a new employer. I was not paid for 4 months during this new sponsorship process. I would like to know if there is any impact with ILR for having a break in salary for 4 months.

Appreciate your suggestions and would like to know your experiences, if any.

Thanks,
Raj

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Will there be any impact in ILR process if there is a gap of four months without salary between jobs ?

Post by makky86 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:24 pm

rajchaitanya wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:06 pm
Hi All,

I am on Tier 2 General Visa for the last 3.5 years and recently changed my sponsorship to a new employer. I was not paid for 4 months during this new sponsorship process. I would like to know if there is any impact with ILR for having a break in salary for 4 months.

Appreciate your suggestions and would like to know your experiences, if any.

Thanks,
Raj
What is the reason of not being paid for 4 months?

provide complete immigration history with exact date of issue on BRPs
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

rajchaitanya
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Will there be any impact in ILR process if there is a gap of four months without salary between jobs ?

Post by rajchaitanya » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:44 am

I was not working for 4 months .It took 2 months time for finding a new sponsor and 2 months I travelled to India due to some emergency.
Visa Issued on : 31/03/2014 till 29/03/2017
Was not in UK for 7 months and was working for the same company in India .

Visa Extension: 14/11/2017

Left Job: June 18th

New Sponsorship: 11/08/2017 till 25/10/2019

Please let me know if anything else needed.

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:35 am

In order to be considered to have continuity for ILR based on Tier 2, the number of days from "last day at previous sponsor" to the day of applying for Tier 2 visa for the new sponsor should not exceed 60 days. If it does, continuity is broken.

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:37 am

so based on the dates, if your last day was 18th June, you should have applied for the new visa by 18th August to ensure that continuity is not broken. On which date did you apply for the new visa?