ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent: separate application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AlexanderBSD
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Tier 2 Dependent: separate application

Post by AlexanderBSD » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi guys,

I would really appreciate your help with the following question:

Just a couple of days ago I switched from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General, but my partner is still staying on my old Tier 4 Dependent. I was told that since my Tier 4 General was replaced by Tier 2, my partner's visa should expire immediately. It's been several days since my Tier 2 was approved. Can my partner still submit a separate application to switch from Tier 4 to 2 Dependent inside the UK? Will it be a problem for HO as she applies after my switch? I found it a bit strange that her visa should expire immediately and there is no or very little time to make this switch. Is it really true?

Thanks a lot for replies and time!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Dependent: separate application

Post by iworker » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:18 am

your partner is fine on tier 4 dependent, as long as it doesnt expire.
He/she should change to your tier 2 dependent, before his/her current visa expires.
Its n problem for the partner to change on her own (not at the same time as u), but make sure u either attach a new letter from employer for maintenance of dependent, or attach a bank statement for £630 of 90 days min.

AlexanderBSD
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Re: Tier 2 Dependent: separate application

Post by AlexanderBSD » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Great, thank a lot for your reply!