ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REFUSAL OF A SETTLEMENT VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Riga
Newly Registered
Brazil

REFUSAL OF A SETTLEMENT VISA

Post by Riga » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:02 am

My husband and I applied for a spouse visa, he is British and I am Brazilian. We paid for priority service, I took all the documents in Sao Paulo at VFS Global here in Brazil, checked them all many times to make sure that all the documents were correct. After two weeks VFS Global contacted us by e-mail requesting to send all documents again by email, as they could not access the files. We resubmitted the documents all over again, they received and confirmed. Two days later we received an email from UKVI stating that an officer was analysing our application, the next day we received another e-mail from UKVI stating that a decision was made. I got my visa today refusal, where they claim that we did not send the letter from my husband's employer and did not prove the financial above £ 18,600 annual salary, and all these documents were delivered twice and his income exceeds £ 90,000 annual salary . We were very disappointed and frustrated because we did everything very carefully, very honestly. Then we will submit a request for review and appeal. Has anyone had a similar case?

Thank you!!!

vtaneja

Re: REFUSAL OF A SETTLEMENT VISA

Post by vtaneja » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:13 pm

Hey there,

We have had a similar case. The refusal letter we received is a bit shoddy and talks about showing proof of employment when in fact we did not need to show any employment as we were going the savings route solely.

We are thinking of appealing the decision but have read everywhere that it takes super long. What are you guys doing?

All the best

keeno
Newly Registered

Post by keeno » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:09 pm

Hiya

This is very concerning. Did you actually leave the employment part empty and went straight into the savings section. Did you show 6 months of savings? exceeding the amount required?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:49 pm

You could write a letter to the visa post and express your displeasure with the services.

Tell them you will file an appeal and wasted cost will be claimed after you have won your appeal, as you will certainly win it.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

bmwru
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by bmwru » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:01 pm

I just got a very similar letter. My partner's income is well over 100K and they said we didn't provide evidence of his income. But we did provide an employment letter from his company stating his position, salary, car allowance and annual bonus, P60, payslips for 6 months and bank statements for 6 months. So now we don't know what to do either - whether to appeal or apply fresh. We have a 1-year old child who is with me but his father is missing being with us and watching his son grow. Going to speak to a lawyer and also write a complaint both to Home Office and through the MP.

I did send them an email telling them that we supplied all relevant documents. I attached them again. They never asked for us to resend them. They only asked about his shares at the company he works but as he doesn't have any shares we responded that he doesn't have those and hence we cannot provide the documents. This is really ridiculous. We also paid for a priority and waited for 3.5 months to get this baseless refusal.

Let me know what you have decided to do. Good luck!

bmwru
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by bmwru » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:06 pm

Riga wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:02 am
My husband and I applied for a spouse visa, he is British and I am Brazilian. We paid for priority service, I took all the documents in Sao Paulo at VFS Global here in Brazil, checked them all many times to make sure that all the documents were correct. After two weeks VFS Global contacted us by e-mail requesting to send all documents again by email, as they could not access the files. We resubmitted the documents all over again, they received and confirmed. Two days later we received an email from UKVI stating that an officer was analysing our application, the next day we received another e-mail from UKVI stating that a decision was made. I got my visa today refusal, where they claim that we did not send the letter from my husband's employer and did not prove the financial above £ 18,600 annual salary, and all these documents were delivered twice and his income exceeds £ 90,000 annual salary . We were very disappointed and frustrated because we did everything very carefully, very honestly. Then we will submit a request for review and appeal. Has anyone had a similar case?

Thank you!!!
Hi Riga,
Do you have an update re your visa? Did you decide to appeal?
Still not sure what to do here.