ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 child applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yzex5l
Newly Registered
Poland

2 child applications

Post by yzex5l » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:08 pm

Hello!

I have 2 cases that I need advice, both are relatively simple (compared to other threads I've seen here). We are all Swiss nationals so we count as EEA.

1. Child, born in Feb 2010 currently 7 yrs old. Born to non-settled parents who are now settled. Lived in the UK all his life. Planning to register him as a British citizen as he qualifies under section 3(1). Question: does he need a document certifying permanent residence? His parents will be applying for themselves, just a question whether he needs that as well.

If he doesn't need PR document, in section 1.3: Please say if and when the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. If the child’s parent is an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should ensure that they qualify for permanent residence. Child has indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. Date granted

What do I say there? 5 yrs after his DOB? Date when his parents were granted PR?

2. 16 yrs old, lived here permanently for 1 year and 1 month. Date of first entry is in 2007, I have lived here only about 3 months a year before I moved here permanently in 2016. As far as I remember, I've not left the UK for more than 6 months (not 100% sure through).

My dad has PR, waiting for his certificate to then proceed to apply for British citizenship. I was not included in his PR application. My mother lives in the US, is not British and not PR. Is there any way for me to obtain British citizenship through registration, presumably through my dad or do I have to wait 5 years and naturalise as an adult? I'm not worried about my rights here or anything of that sort - the thing is that I want to go study overseas in 2 years for about 3-4 years and then come back to live here permanently. Add to that, I wanted to study in Canada and immigration there is easier with a British passport. Any way to go about this?

Thanks