ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiscal fine and the consequences

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Watandar
Netherlands

fiscal fine and the consequences

Post by Watandar » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:53 am

Dear members,

I was wondering if someone could inform me about following:
A friend of mine had an argument with a group of people and I tried to calm them down. Unfortunately a fight broke out and police came and they filed a report about the incident.

I have now received a letter with a ''conditional offer of a fiscal fine'' of £75. If I accept the fine I will not have a criminal record.

I was wondering if I accept the fine, will it have any consequences of I want to apply for a PR or a British Passport? I am an EU national and I have been living in the UK for just over 5 years. I was thinking about applying for a permanent residence and maybe for British passport in the future.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Watandar

alterhase58
Germany

Re: fiscal fine and the consequences

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:42 pm

I believe not required to disclose for PR - for naturalisation (precursor to passport) you probably have to disclose, whether it will effect the decision I wouldn't know.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:42 am

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

gillacious_505

Post by gillacious_505 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:51 am

For British Nationality, if you disclose the entire details of the incident along with the proof of how you were unlucky at that time. Then it might go in your favour.
God Bless