ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Renew RC: apply as family member or extended family member?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.
greatscott

Renew RC: apply as family member or extended family member?

Post by greatscott » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:14 pm

• Direct family member arrived as non eu dependant of BC via Surinder Singh route under 21.
    • Person is now over 21, earns a salary BUT still lives with his parents.....gov.uk says for extended family members "you are still dependant on them or are still a member of their household".
    So in this case this person is still a member of our household.
    • But as there seems to be no description of a direct family member under EFM, only references to cousins, aunt, uncles etc, etc. So we are thinking maybe has to apply as a family member not an EFM?
    Therefore my question is: To renew his RC for a further 5 years or until final brexit, must this person who is our biological child but over 21, apply as a family member or an extended family member?
    And what form must we use?

greatscott

Re: Renew RC: apply as family member or extended family member?

Post by greatscott » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:39 pm

Anyone?

greatscott

Post by greatscott » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:40 am

Maybe I should send both completed forms with £65 and ask them to choose which application they prefer?

Anyone have any advice? I can't find anything on .gov.uk about this situation.

greatscott

Post by greatscott » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:42 pm

Or maybe someone could point me to the correct government web site for answers?

Or should we just wait?

If we wait maybe thats an illegal act? Could we get an employer into trouble? Should we lie to the employer? Best not I guess....what then should we tell this employer? Should we offer to indemnify them against a fine?

Or should we just apply? If we apply and fill in the wrong form does that put the application at risk? If we fill in both forms could there be contradicting questions that could implicate us somehow?

Should we send them a letter and offer to give them permission to harvest as much information from us as they like?

Maybe there's a phone line that will give me an answer?

Any emails that may respond with an answer?

Any gurus connected to Home Office or UKVI that would lead us to an answer?

Anyone?

greatscott

Post by greatscott » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:56 pm

The lack of any reply leads me to think more about the problem. We were taught in evaluating a legal agreement, that the worst thing one could do was to change a few lines here, rephrase a sentence there, and so on....because it would create a legal mess as everything in a well put together agreement was meant to be read together, and was held togeher by careful system of cross referencing of each and every clause.

Enter the British Government/UKVI/ Home Office........who start tinkering unilaterally with EU law, because they want their cake and eat it.

So now they create new problems where before there were none. Unforseen, unintended results because everything is now out of whack.

But no mind, because whatever now lies undefined is simply ignored !!!!

My questions in this post are simple, yet no-one seems to have a clue and any feedback I've managed to read about this is ambiguous and unclear.

Crazy

polistan
Newly Registered

Post by polistan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:19 am

Sorry for your frustation mate, I guess you won't have problems of you apply to extend it as you already were issued with an RC before.

Try explaining the situation in a covering letter and hope you get a decent case worker.

Good luck mate.

Sorry no one replied to you.