ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's Visa financial requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jason89
Newly Registered
Mood:

Wife's Visa financial requirements

Post by Jason89 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:20 pm

Dear sir/madam

Hello, my name is Jason.
I was away for one year on a training course and met my now wife and she is from Belarus. So I had no job. She is going to be apply for a wife visa in March. So I got a job which pay's £360 to £450 a week but the employer now said that this job is only to Christmas. He said that I might get payed off or my hour will be cut. I have only being in my Job 5 week as of this week. My questions are, if I change my job to one that is permanent but still give me the same £360 a week. It means I won't have payslips from the same employer to cover the 6 months required. Would this change of job affect my spouse visa application in any way or do I need to be in my job for 6 month? My second question is if they keep me on after Christmas could I get a second job to keep me over the right financial requirements of 9300 over 26 weeks. One more question is if I earn enough money to Christmas 16 week before Christmas I worked say 450 X 16 week = £7200 after Christmas 10 weeks 250 X 10 = 2700 Add both together = 9700 that's over the financial requirements for 6 months non-salaried but will you accept that my pay was cut in half for the last to 2 months or does it have to be £360 a week every week to pass the financial requirements. Any help would be appreciated thanks God Bless

Obie
Ireland

Re: Wife's Visa financial requirements

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:15 pm

You have to be in a job for at least 6 months. To qualify under Cat B, your pay so far will be used to work out your average earning for a year, and this will significantly reduce your earning, as your have only been working for 5 weeks.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

AmazingSully
Canada

Post by AmazingSully » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:10 pm

They have actually recently changed the requirements so you do not need to have been in your current job for at least 6 months under Category B, BUT you do have to have earned at least the financial requirement, as calculated in the appendix, in the past 12 months. From your description I would say you are nowhere near close to the requirement... but if you can earn that same level of income for 6 months, then you would be okay to apply.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:20 pm

There has never been a requirement under cat B for a person to show they have been working for 6months, unlike CAT A.

However the problem OP has is that his 3 months earning will be aggregated, divided by 12 and multiply by 12, and this is likely to fall below the income threshold.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors