ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Weird home office border officer

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

djabea
Algeria

Weird home office border officer

Post by djabea » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi everyone
Just charing my experience this week when i came back from my country.
Im algerian citizen holding PR as family member of EU since 2016.
And im divorced now.
The officer when he was checking me he asked abt my ex i said im divorced now. So he said if i have a girlfriend i siad yes so he told me keep ur new girlfriend cz if not we will kick out from the country.
So... Any comments. Thx

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: Weird home office border officer

Post by Richard W » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:11 am

djabea wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:27 pm
And im divorced now.
The officer when he was checking me he asked abt my ex i said im divorced now. So he said if i have a girlfriend i siad yes so he told me keep ur new girlfriend cz if not we will kick out from the country.
He could be correct. It would be consistent with what we know of the exit negotiations for ex-family members who have achieved the permanent right of residence to lose that right.

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:08 am

djabea wrote:
Hi everyone
And im divorced now.
So... Any comments. Thx

They should introduce an english language test for the EEA permits.

tmonaghan
Mood:

Post by tmonaghan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:59 am

europehelpme wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:08 am
djabea wrote:
Hi everyone
And im divorced now.
So... Any comments. Thx

They should introduce an english language test for the EEA permits.
This is a dearly beloved comment. These people are family members of EU Citizens and therefore have the right to be in the UK under EU Law regardless of their language skills

Fitfam
Newly Registered

Post by Fitfam » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:17 pm

This conversation to me doesn't have sense in it to me,io said the op shld keep his girlfriend.. for what ? did the io even knw if the girl is an eu member or British the gf might not even have legal status at all in this country and saying he shld keep her so the io is tryn to say the gf can be a rescuer for the op.. some io need more knowledge

virk1
Newly Registered
India

Post by virk1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Fitfam wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:17 pm
This conversation to me doesn't have sense in it to me,io said the op shld keep his girlfriend.. for what ? did the io even knw if the girl is an eu member or British the gf might not even have legal status at all in this country and saying he shld keep her so the io is tryn to say the gf can be a rescuer for the op.. some io need more knowledge
Tm me is was just a comment with no legal importance. I believe he was trying to say you devorce your partner right next year of getting PR. Now don’t come up with a wife or partner from your own country LOL and keep the gf you have.

Please don’t feel offencive this is just a thought he might have.