ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision made - still waiting for confirmation email

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zameerladha
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Decision made - still waiting for confirmation email

Post by zameerladha » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:36 pm

Hello,

I am applying for a spouse VISA from Canada. I called the contact centre and they informed that a decision was made on October 3rd. I am still waiting for a confirmation email and my documents to be returned. Anybody else experience this delay? I was told that it could take up to 10 business days! What are they doing that would take so long?

Here is my timeline:
Spouse settlement Visa - Priority
Biometrics and application submitted: 29/08/2017
Document preparation email from Sheffield: 01/09/2017
Call centre confirmed decision made: 03/10/2017

Getting really frustrated with the process. My wife is in the UK and we don't know if she should come back to Canada and wait with me for a response.

merazk1988
Newly Registered

Re: Decision made - still waiting for confirmation email

Post by merazk1988 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:06 am

Hi I have also applied for a UK settlement Visa from Bangladesh, I am the applicant, my wife/sponsor contacted UKVI on yesterday and found out that a decision had been made on 3rd of October (same as you), they told her to allow 10 working days and we should hear something by the end of this week. We have also been told to contact them again on Monday if we don't hear anything.

I tried to call the Visa Application Center to find out if my passport is ready however there's no number to call.

j4v3d
Mood:

Post by j4v3d » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:45 am

If you don't hear back in 10 days, i suggest you go through the MP and find out what is happening, do not ring them, you'll only be wasting money and they'll just fob you off with the same old nonsense.

zameerladha
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by zameerladha » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:03 pm

Update

I just received my confirmation email. Hoping for a good result!

merazk1988
Newly Registered

Post by merazk1988 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:42 am

May I please know when you called UKVI to find out if your application was decided? My wife called them on Monday (the 9th). Best of luck to you!