ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fitfam
Newly Registered

Advice on Naturalisation

Post by Fitfam » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:04 am

Please I need advice on this. I came to uk in Dec 2008 and I overstayed till 2010,Met my wife eea member (ex now) got married it Dec 2010, got my residence card in in oct 2011,divorced 2016 and I got my permanent residence in march 2017 , a letter came with my documents that I can apply for British citizenship in oct .. I knw there where will be Good character requirements... Please when can I apply for citizenship.. your reply is highly needed.Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice on Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:44 am

December 2020, 10 years after your status was legalised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fitfam
Newly Registered

Post by Fitfam » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:28 am

Thanks very much CR001..my fear now is that are we non Eea that has permanent residence not gonna gonna be kicked out of UK before 2020 or would I still be able to apply for naturalisation during the so call Grace Period...please can someone advice lease .Thanks

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:26 pm

Fitfam wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:28 am
Thanks very much CR001..my fear now is that are we non Eea that has permanent residence not gonna gonna be kicked out of UK before 2020 or would I still be able to apply for naturalisation during the so call Grace Period...please can someone advice lease .Thanks
Don't recall reading that they are going to kick out non EEA national with permanent residence following Brexit. How will they justify taking this action? :roll:

Fitfam
Newly Registered

Post by Fitfam » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Thanks Hstepper07 I got your point.. hv heard from this forum about how people are saying that non eea that has permanent residence and already divorce from there eea member might be kicked out of uk with no legal status after brexit because eea member need to apply again for settled status and they dnt think it applies to non eea with permanent residence after divorce so dnt really understand

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:56 am

Fitfam wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:42 pm
Thanks Hstepper07 I got your point.. hv heard from this forum about how people are saying that non eea that has permanent residence and already divorce from there eea member might be kicked out of uk with no legal status after brexit because eea member need to apply again for settled status and they dnt think it applies to non eea with permanent residence after divorce so dnt really understand
All assumptions. If you have a PR card, You are independent of your EEA partner. A PR card is a permanent status. They cant simply kick us out. They are not barbarians