ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for an EEA family permit for my tuskish boyfriend. Advice Needed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Guadal93
Newly Registered
Spain

Applying for an EEA family permit for my tuskish boyfriend. Advice Needed

Post by Guadal93 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:14 am

I have been with my boyfriend since January in 2017. He lef to turkey in October because his visa run out. We move in otogether in July and we have a tenancy agreement with both of our names. We moved really quickly in our relationship and he used to stay at my house since the begining almost moving together. I have the opportunity to show wiht my previouse tenancy agreement that we have been living together since before. (my landlord told me I can say I lived with him whenever I wanted to help me witht he visa). So I was thinking of showing we live together sine Februyary/March. we love each other and even we rushed a bit the marriage because of paperwork the main goals is to be together. I am going to turkey in November and getting married with him. my family won't be able to come and either his family will be there as they are a bit more traditional and this might not be the marriage they had in their mid for their son. We are having a small celebration with our closest friends. In christmas we are planing to go to Mexico to celebrate with my family the holidays. I woudl like to have some advice with the EEA family permit. I am mexican with spanish nationality and have been living in uk for 3 years. I am very aware of how suspicious our marriage can look because of how quick we have moved but the thing is we have lots of proof sucha s pictures, and the fact we have been living togehter basically since we have met. I just want tomse advice from people that hae applied to see which would be the best way to present our application and what are the things we should focus to get a positive application. Should we wait for us to marry and then go to mexico and then apply? How much should we wait between the marriage and the application? I have seen some ases were they got refused beause the marriage and the application date were very close. Thank you and hope to get some good guidance!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Applying for an EEA family permit for my tuskish boyfriend. Advice Needed

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:41 pm

Quote:
"(my landlord told me I can say I lived with him whenever I wanted to help me witht he visa)"

I cannot advise on your particular case, however I would be careful about ensuring all your details you submit to UKVI are correct and truthful. If proven wrong the above is likely to lead to refusal and your landlord is committing a criminal offence.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

GoDutch
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by GoDutch » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Guadal93 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:14 am
I have been with my boyfriend since January in 2017. He lef to turkey in October because his visa run out. We move in otogether in July and we have a tenancy agreement with both of our names. We moved really quickly in our relationship and he used to stay at my house since the begining almost moving together. I have the opportunity to show wiht my previouse tenancy agreement that we have been living together since before. (my landlord told me I can say I lived with him whenever I wanted to help me witht he visa). So I was thinking of showing we live together sine Februyary/March. we love each other and even we rushed a bit the marriage because of paperwork the main goals is to be together. I am going to turkey in November and getting married with him. my family won't be able to come and either his family will be there as they are a bit more traditional and this might not be the marriage they had in their mid for their son. We are having a small celebration with our closest friends. In christmas we are planing to go to Mexico to celebrate with my family the holidays. I woudl like to have some advice with the EEA family permit. I am mexican with spanish nationality and have been living in uk for 3 years. I am very aware of how suspicious our marriage can look because of how quick we have moved but the thing is we have lots of proof sucha s pictures, and the fact we have been living togehter basically since we have met. I just want tomse advice from people that hae applied to see which would be the best way to present our application and what are the things we should focus to get a positive application. Should we wait for us to marry and then go to mexico and then apply? How much should we wait between the marriage and the application? I have seen some ases were they got refused beause the marriage and the application date were very close. Thank you and hope to get some good guidance!
Do you work?

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:13 pm

Guadal93 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:14 am
I think the issue it not so much the time between marriage and application but the total length of your relationship can look suspicious, good chance they will try to find a way to refuse based on marriage of convenience. We applied straight after our wedding and had been together for a year and a half, but we had a LOT of evidence, photos of us with my family at the wedding, wedding invites, lots of travel together, pictures in tons of different places, whatsapp text, Skype screenshots, social media pics together with friends comments.
Can you do a wedding party in Mexico with your family? And have some official invites to this and take some wedding pictures with your family? That may help to show it's a genuine marriage. Living together for a few months may not be strong enough and could be argued you are just friends and helping eachother out.