ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application without using NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nnsh1
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Application without using NCS

Post by nnsh1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:18 pm

Hello

I need to apply for citizenship, however l will not be using Ncs as it's gonna take a long time to get an appointment. Does anyone have an idea how long it would take for me to get my passport back as l need to travel for a holiday in December?

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Application without using NCS

Post by plabo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:51 pm

I think the passport and other original documents will come back 'with OR just before/after' the decision letter comes along.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:07 pm

If you apply by post, you should be prepared to be without your passport for 6 months or even more.

Are you aware that you are able to apply through any NCS? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:39 pm

It will actually be quicker to apply via NCS as your passport application will be kept ready and immediately processed once you've done your ceremony. Doing it yourself means you'll also have to go for an interview. Also, they check your documentation (and it is very different to immigration applications) so that there are as little delay as possible.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

BKKH
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by BKKH » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:04 pm

HI,

Its does not matter, depend on the case worker.
I have applied through NCS + JCAP. on 9th of May 2017 and got letter on 28 September dated 25 of September 17. The case worker asked me to provide Original Passport, BRP, HMRC tax calculation for the Year 2015 / 2016) even all these i have provided in NCS with the application.

I have sent all the requested documents by next day special delivery on 29 of September 17. And requested my Passport and BRP card back with covering letter to the case worker as i was having traveling/ holidays planed in October but did not hear any back. Now i have to called my ticket as i am still waiting for decision or documents (Passport and BRP card).

So there is no guaranty that you will get your documents on time. its depend on your luck.