ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Migrant - Maintenance requirement worry

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bazz_84
Newly Registered
Australia

Tier 2 General Migrant - Maintenance requirement worry

Post by Bazz_84 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:24 am

Hi all,

Anxious expat here...

Regarding the maintenance requirement, my employer's COS and also on my application, selected the option that I would show maintenance with my personal savings. However, upon returning to my home country, I found one transaction for 2 days below the £945 minimim requirement.

Subsequently, my employer sent me a letter stating that they would maintain and accommodate me to satisfy the 10 points. This letter was included and lodged with my application documents as well as my 90 day bank statement.

What are my chances for success here? Is it likely that the caseworker will look at the information provided rather than strictly on the selected 'tick box'?

Given that my employer is willing to sponsor me and has provided me the letter (and if the right tick boxes had been selected), I would have a compliant application. Does anyone have any experience on this?

Would appreciate anyone's feedback!!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 General Migrant - Maintenance requirement worry

Post by iworker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:49 am

bank statement is useless now, since the balance dropped below.
The letter is fine. Ask sponsor to add a note to the cos as well. (they cant amend the cos but can add a note).
One this is done and a letter is attached to application, you should be fine.

Bazz_84
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Bazz_84 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:10 am

Hi iworker,

Thanks for your prompt response. I read all the other posts and suggested to my employer to add a note. I understand from them that this is not possible as the application has been submitted. Is it likely that the UKVI will contact my employer for confirmation? It would be good if that's the case as they would be able to communiciate and confirm maintenance.

I'm just worried they would refuse without giving us a chance to confirm now that it's too late to add a note to the SMS.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:24 am

if a note is added, then u are safe.
On the system that the caseworker uses, there is a step where he has to see if there is any note on cos or not, before moving on to next screen. So there should definitely not be a case, where he has not seen the cos note.
Also on the form, make sure u say that you are claiming points/satisfying maintenance using employer letter rather than bank statements.

Bazz_84
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Bazz_84 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:05 am

The problem is, the COS and application were all lodged online before we realised the shortfall on the bank statemet, so we are unable to change this now without reapplying. So both the application and COS refer to personal savings.

The letter is only attached to the files submitted to the visa office with my passport. The letter from my employer explains the shortfall in my bank statement and confirms that they will maintain and accommodate me in the first month.

Can the caseworker use their discretion in this case?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:42 pm

there is no descretion required.
all your employer needs to do is add a cos note.
the caseworker has not seen the cos notes yet, as that is done in his system, while he is determining your application.
Another way to check if your cos has been viewed by caseworker yet or not is see the status of cos issued..
the different status are as below
available
assigned
used
till the time used is not appearing, the employer can add a ntoe and that note will be viewed by caseworker (without viewing it, he wont be able to go on to next screeen when he is deciding your application._)

Bazz_84
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Bazz_84 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:07 am

Hi iworker,

Thanks for your advice! Unfortunately once my application was lodged the COS will be 'used' so no access to sponsor's note.

Can only wait and see!

lili88
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by lili88 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:48 am

I am also a bit anxious as I have the same issue. They made a mistake and did not tick the maintenance box. They have added the sponsor note online but the printed COS does not state this as it was too late to amend after it had been submitted.

Will I be ok?

Anxious to know!

Thanks,

Lisa

Bazz_84
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Bazz_84 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:27 am

Hi lili88,

Did you also submit a letter? You're lucky you could amend the COS note.

Because my application had already been submitted, the COS status is already 'USED' so my employer couldn't add a note. I'm relying solely on my employer's written undertaking.

Good luck to you too. Will keep you updated.

Bazz_84
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Bazz_84 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:29 am

Great news!! Just picked up my visa today!

So, dates as follows -

Online application - 03/10/17
Documents submitted - 13/10/17
Notification of receipt of documents - 18/10/17
Decision made - 18/10/17
Passport received - 26/10/17 TODAY!

lili88
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by lili88 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:28 am

Hiya,

Congratulations on receiving your visa! I am literally just waiting for the decision now.

No i didn't include a letter as our immigration lawyer said the note was sufficient enough. Did you use the priority service?

I sent through the documents last Monday using priority service but I still haven't heard from them. Is Australia the same where they have to send your passport to the Manila Embassy?

Sorry so many questions so much anxiety as I have heard horror stories!

thanks,

Lisa

lili88
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by lili88 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:27 am

Bazz_84 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:29 am
Great news!! Just picked up my visa today!

So, dates as follows -

Online application - 03/10/17
Documents submitted - 13/10/17
Notification of receipt of documents - 18/10/17
Decision made - 18/10/17
Passport received - 26/10/17 TODAY!
Hey Bazz_84,

Did you received an email that your documents had been received and decision had been made? Or did you only know when you picked up your passport?

Bazz_84
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Bazz_84 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi Lisa,

Just standard processing for me. Yes it was sent to Manila.

Did you pay for the SMS alerts? It’s much faster than waiting on the email. I received the email after I had already gone and picked up my passport!

You won’t know if the visa is successful until you open up the envelope that contains a letter and your passport.

Good luck to you! I know it’s crazy and I was so anxious the whole time but if you have no major reason to be worried, then it’ll work out! I think the cos note is probably even more straight forward than my letter.

lili88
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by lili88 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:12 am

Oh thats good to know I have been so anxious waiting for some form of communication but have not received anything to date. I called them yesterday and it says that my case is still being review.

Ah interesting we paid for priority but it seems yours was processed quicker than mine I think it just depends on the number of applicants. I hope it gets processed soon! I am supposed to be leaving the country on the 4th!