ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk visit visa for inlaws

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alan34
India

Uk visit visa for inlaws

Post by Alan34 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi

My husband wants to apply uk visit visa for his parents. His father was retired and getting pension as an income.
My doubt is - to show property in India, he doesn't have any property on his name. We can show only income and fixed deposits. But we can show property on my mother in law name. Will there be any problem as main applicant(father in law) doesn't have any property registered in his name.

Alan34
India

Re: Uk visit visa for inlaws

Post by Alan34 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:37 am

Hi

My husband wants to apply uk visit visa for his parents. His father was retired and getting pension as an income.
My doubt is - to show property in India, he doesn't have any property on his name. We can show only income and fixed deposits. But we can show property on my mother in law name. Will there be any problem as main applicant(father in law) doesn't have any property registered in his name.

Kindly please reply to this post.Its urgent.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:28 am

on the property do they get any rental income? if they do include the rental lease agreement

Its Ok to have property on his mother in law given they live together.

the letter from applicants should also show strong ties to home country- its extremely important. example other close family members, properties, rental income etc .

I am not an expert - just sharing the best what i know .

Cheers

Alan34
India

Post by Alan34 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:41 am

No rental agreement. Along with fixed deposit,shares and insurance., The only thing is father in law getting pension. It can be shown in bank statements. Please suggest what to do in this situation.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:57 am

with your situation you have to do the best you can

they should submit the following at a minimum: every application is different

Pension proof
Bank statement showing pension coming in to the account each month
Proof of Property on your MIL's name
you mentioned showing income and FD. then keep copy of them
also if they have an FD,i assume the interests will be hitting their bank accounts every month/quarterly. make sure you mention this on the invitation letter/application form.
A net worth certificate/letter from accountant will help - where the accountant can say their joint annual/monthly income is X amount from pension, FD interests, etc

The above will prove and comply with funds required for an applicant, but for showing strong ties i am not certain it covers everything what an ECO may look for.

do they have any other children living in their country? a letter from them may help stating they all live as joint family and they look after your in laws. Note: only say what is legit. I am just guessing here so do your own research.

Good Luck

Alan34
India

Post by Alan34 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Thank you for replying

They had a married daughter in USA and one year back they visited and came back in 3months.

Can we show mil and fil's parents proof in India, saying they have to come back to look after their old aged parents

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:59 pm

you an say many things to show strong ties- but whatever you say you need to back it up with evidence.

example: do they stay in the same house as their parents etc.

Alan34
India

Post by Alan34 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi

When applying visa for inlaws , do we need to pay visa fee double(for both applicants).

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Alan34 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:26 pm
Hi

When applying visa for inlaws , do we need to pay visa fee double(for both applicants).
Yes you do. They are assessed as separate applications.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.