ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immagration Adviser

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samehmina
Newly Registered
Egypt

Immagration Adviser

Post by samehmina » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:19 pm

Hello,

Is there any trusted immagration adviser that is approved by the government in East London?
I completed my application but I need someone to go through and check if there is anything wrong.

Many thanks,

Sam.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immagration Adviser

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Members are NOT permitted to name companies or solicitors on the forum. You will need to find someone who is OISC registered to assist you.

Also note that a solicitor/advisor very often gets even the most basic applications horribly wrong.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazingSully
Canada

Post by AmazingSully » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:15 am

I just want to second what CR001 said about the immigration advisors getting things wrong, they really do. I know Citizens Advice is a non-profit (so hoping that makes it okay on the forum), and they can provide some help if you are adamant, but really your best bet is to do your own research. Read over the documentations provided, ask questions here, and put in the work. It'll pay off.

missblissbear
Newly Registered

Post by missblissbear » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:36 am

I remember seeing somewhere the Home office had a list off immigration lawyers somewhere?? Does any one remember seeing this or am I imagining it?

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:43 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:37 pm
Members are NOT permitted to name companies or solicitors on the forum. You will need to find someone who is OISC registered to assist you.

Also note that a solicitor/advisor very often gets even the most basic applications horribly wrong.
100% agreed.
just a couple of days ago one of my friends was advised by an immigration solicitor to use FLR(O) for further leave to remain application where FLR(O) is no longer a valid form since December 2016 !!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:52 am

missblissbear wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:36 am
I remember seeing somewhere the Home office had a list off immigration lawyers somewhere?? Does any one remember seeing this or am I imagining it?
They are not necessarily 'lawyers' but merely 'advisors'. The course to be an advisor is not a degree.

http://home.oisc.gov.uk/register_of_reg ... ister.aspx
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.