ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Who to inform my mum staying in UK longer than permitted time on Standard Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zulqarnain

Who to inform my mum staying in UK longer than permitted time on Standard Visitor Visa

Post by Zulqarnain » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

My mum was given a Standard Visitor Visa for 6 months. However, in her application she said she will be staying in UK for 1 month but now she has decided to stay for 2 months. I called Home Office to inform them about her change in plan to keep them informed and up to date with everything which may help her in future if she wants to come back to UK again on visa. In response Home Office said that I should get in touch with UK Border Force. Now I am struggling to find contact details for UK Border Force.

So can someone tell me who shall I be informing about this? If It is UK Border Force then can someone please post their contact details here?

Many thanks.

Regards,
Zayk

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Who to inform my mum staying in UK longer than permitted time on Standard Visitor Visa

Post by New on forum » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:47 pm

Zulqarnain wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:22 pm
Hi Everyone,

My mum was given a Standard Visitor Visa for 6 months. However, in her application she said she will be staying in UK for 1 month but now she has decided to stay for 2 months. I called Home Office to inform them about her change in plan to keep them informed and up to date with everything which may help her in future if she wants to come back to UK again on visa. In response Home Office said that I should get in touch with UK Border Force. Now I am struggling to find contact details for UK Border Force.

So can someone tell me who shall I be informing about this? If It is UK Border Force then can someone please post their contact details here?

Many thanks.

Regards,
Zayk
Visa is of course valid for 6 month but best thing is to leave according to what your mother mentioned in the application.
Other than that nothing can guarantee that this won't cause a problem for future applications.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Re: Who to inform my mum staying in UK longer than permitted time on Standard Visitor Visa

Post by ITGraduate » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Unfortunately people have been refused visa when they apply again for staying longer than what they initially mentioned .

But i guess they may be OK if its just 1 or 2 weeks extra. ( note : i am guessing here )

whats the reason she is extending her stay? example : has she got any medical reason due to which she cant travel? then you need to some evidence for that . In this case you need doctors note, you should pay for the medicine/treatment and keep all these records when she applies again.

sorry cant be much help - but keep your email communication/phone records with UKvisa safely. They may help you in future. also send UK visas an email with the same query and retain the email for your records

These are personal suggestions- I am not a qualified person to give you formal advise on visas.

good Luck