ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advice on EEA route for my parents & brother

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Omiisl

Denmark visa processing from Pakistan under EU directive

Post by Omiisl » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:57 am

Hi,
Can anyone guide me with the process of Denmark Schengen Visa application from Pakistan for my dependent parents. I am a British Citizen.
1. Current Processing time?
2. Anyone here with same circumstances?

Regards,
Omi

Omiisl

Re: Denmark visa processing from Pakistan under EU directive

Post by Omiisl » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi to all,
I can not read any private messages so please share all info here on board which will be beneficial for all.
Regards,
Omi

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:33 am

what is your situation? are you exercising treaty rights or going to in denmark. Maybe people would be helpful if you can give more information on your situation.

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:57 am

gokulatti wrote:what is your situation? are you exercising treaty rights or going to in denmark. Maybe people would be helpful if you can give more information on your situation.
I am planning to go Denmark once my parents gets Denmark Schengen Visa. I'm in UK at the moment.
Regards,
Omi

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:30 am

gokulatti wrote:what is your situation? are you exercising treaty rights or going to in denmark. Maybe people would be helpful if you can give more information on your situation.
I think all information given is clear on my situation!! :?:

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:50 am

Omiisl wrote:
you didn't explain if you are exercising treaty rights or are going to. you are planning to go to Denmark as what? are you going to stay for more than 3 months? do your parents want to apply for tourist purposes or family immigration? are they dependent on you? you get my point....

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:58 am

gokulatti wrote:
Omiisl wrote:
you didn't explain if you are exercising treaty rights or are going to. you are planning to go to Denmark as what? are you going to stay for more than 3 months? do your parents want to apply for tourist purposes or family immigration? are they dependent on you? you get my point....
Still don't get your point :|
Topic heading was clear & it was mentioned in first post that they are my dependent....please only reply if you know process of Denmark Schengen visa application from Pakistan under EU Directive. Hope you don't need anymore explanation.
Thank you

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:45 am

That's alright. I won't have to reply this thread then.

I hope maybe someone with more understanding and patience would be forthcoming to help you. And I wish you the best.

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:30 am

You will find the information on the webpage of the Danish embassy in Pakistan. You can download the requirements for family members of EU/EEA/Swiss citizens towards the bottom of the page

http://pakistan.um.dk/en/travel-and-res ... hort-stays

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:35 am

And you cant' be planning to go to Denmark, you should be sure that you are going to Denmark if you want your parents to apply under the Directive. Them getting a visa all depends on you going there and them joining or accompanying you oppose to them getting the visa first and then you going.

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:45 pm

flyboy wrote:You will find the information on the webpage of the Danish embassy in Pakistan. You can download the requirements for family members of EU/EEA/Swiss citizens towards the bottom of the page

http://pakistan.um.dk/en/travel-and-res ... hort-stays
Thank you flyboy

Omiisl

Urgent advice on EEA route for my parents & brother

Post by Omiisl » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:59 pm

Hi all,

I am a british citizen & applied for my parents & 17yr old brother Schengen visa(Denmark) on the basis of EEA/EU family member who wants to use free movement rights together.
I never lived in Denmark or any other state but during all application process I showed my intention to live with them once visa issues.

*Visa applied from Pakistan on 27th July 2017
*Visa decision on 29th Sep 2017 (Found this info after many correspondence to Danish embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan & direct to Denmark Immigration Copenhagen.)
*Will be getting 45 days Schengen Visa (Update you all once received)

Travel ticket submitted are for 24th October 2017 which is very near.

I have few questions if any of our experience board member & moderators can help urgently;

Is it better & possible to apply their resident permit in Denmark? I have no job offer or source there.

I have not even register myself to any EU country where I can move them so please advice me where we all can move & start process of registration quickly. I am so much stressed with this 45 days visa. Not have any documentation to apply as my own stay will start along with my parents & brother.

Are they become illegal immigrant If I will not be able to apply for resident permit within 45days? Or do I get visa time extend during this process?

Can I move them to Belgium or Germany along with myself & start registration?

So many hurdles like language, finding property & not having proper connection where I can get guidence.

Too be honest I feel like I jumped into an ocean without knowing how to swim. But I was somuch desperate to get my parents along with me & took this quick decision due to this BREXIT thing. But didn't manage anything in Europe (e.g registration, job/self-employment, property address, language) as I was not sure about their Visa.

Best Regards,
Omir

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Urgent advice on EEA route for my parents & brother

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:54 am

What you plan isn't easy and neither is it an easy way to import all and sundry....

Denmark is very expensive and property hard to find, you need a job very quickly you won't be entitled to benefits until after some while - it was a year for me if I'd have not been able to work.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:54 am
What you plan isn't easy and neither is it an easy way to import all and sundry....

Denmark is very expensive and property hard to find, you need a job very quickly you won't be entitled to benefits until after some while - it was a year for me if I'd have not been able to work.
Thank you for reply.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:24 pm

Omiisl wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:59 pm
Hi all,

I am a british citizen & applied for my parents & 17yr old brother Schengen visa(Denmark) on the basis of EEA/EU family member who wants to use free movement rights together.
I never lived in Denmark or any other state but during all application process I showed my intention to live with them once visa issues.

*Visa decision on 29th Sep 2017 (Found this info after many correspondence to Danish embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan & direct to Denmark Immigration Copenhagen.)

I have few questions if any of our experience board member & moderators can help urgently;

Is it better & possible to apply their resident permit in Denmark? I have no job offer or source there.

I have not even register myself to any EU country where I can move them so please advice me where we all can move & start process of registration quickly. I am so much stressed with this 45 days visa. Not have any documentation to apply as my own stay will start along with my parents & brother.

Are they become illegal immigrant If I will not be able to apply for resident permit within 45days? Or do I get visa time extend during this process?

So many hurdles like language, finding property & not having proper connection where I can get guidence.

Too be honest I feel like I jumped into an ocean without knowing how to swim. But I was somuch desperate to get my parents along with me & took this quick decision due to this BREXIT thing. But didn't manage anything in Europe (e.g registration, job/self-employment, property address, language) as I was not sure about their Visa.

Best Regards,
Omir
Hi Bro,

Congrats for the successful visa of your parents and bro.
Did you apply by yourself .What documents did you submit....Any tips please....I am also thinking to apply in this way.Please advise me too.Thanks

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:09 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:24 pm
Omiisl wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:59 pm
Hi all,

Best Regards,
Omir
Hi Bro,

Congrats for the successful visa of your parents and bro.
Did you apply by yourself .What documents did you submit....Any tips please....I am also thinking to apply in this way.Please advise me too.Thanks

Hi,
Sorry for late reply.
FYI I applied & processed all documents myself.

Following Documents submitted at Gerry's visa centre in KHI;

-Visa application along with fees PKR 7000 for each applicant ( Although there is no fees as mentioned by vfs global but they wont accept application without this, I checked with Danish embassy Islamabad & they replied that initially you have to pay this & we'll decide if case is under this EU family member visa category or not. Well there is another story that I have to do correspondance with Visa section in Denmark to get that fees refund but its still ongoing process)
- 6 months Parent Bank statement & regular money transfer(UK to PK) receipts to show dependency.
-FRC, birth & marriage certificates
-Email correspondace copy (This was an enquiry sent by myself regarding sponsor letter & Visa section reply that I have to show some documents which reflects my travel plan & itenary because I am in UK and have no residence in Denmark.)
-Flight tickets & travel Insurance ( although its not required by EU directive but I provide this for them to show my plans)
-Letter of consideration ( short story about ourselves that our intention to live together and use freedom of movement rights under EU directive & describe them about family dependency that how I been supporting my family)

*Before decision they(Danish Embassy Islamabad) called my Parents over phone & asked about their plan. And I also received a call from Denmark Visa Section Copenhagen (Private Number) one day before & lady ask same question that why I applied this visa.
* Also in application form where it says reason for travel tick "Other" & wrote "EU/EEA family member"

Hope this information helps other :)

Regards,
Omi

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:20 am

I think you've completely misunderstood how this all works...

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:46 am

Wanderer wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:20 am
Please explain what was misunderstood & if possible explain right procedure as this might help others. Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:07 pm

Omiisl wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:46 am
Wanderer wrote:
Please explain what was misunderstood & if possible explain right procedure as this might help others. Thanks
Seems to me you're asking the Danish government to grant Family Permits to all and sundry with no job for a situation that hasn't happened yet.

I've lived in Denmark, the Danes aren't daft.

Have to ask, why Denmark? I loved the place but it's cold, dark a lot, language is impossible (like speaking Swedish with a mouth full of cake), it's expensive, but on the plus side they drink a lot, and have modern attitudes toward sex and drugs, you'll be offered all sorts at the Metro stations...

Best thing was the Tesla P110D I had on test drive for a weekend, 0-60 in 2.9 seconds and free electric supercharger stations....

But mostly is a pretty boring place...

Omiisl

Post by Omiisl » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:07 pm
Omiisl wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:46 am
Wanderer wrote:
Seems to me you're asking the Danish government to grant Family Permits to all and sundry with no job for a situation that hasn't happened yet.

I've lived in Denmark, the Danes aren't daft.

Have to ask, why Denmark? I loved the place but it's cold, dark a lot, language is impossible (like speaking Swedish with a mouth full of cake), it's expensive, but on the plus side they drink a lot, and have modern attitudes toward sex and drugs, you'll be offered all sorts at the Metro stations...

Best thing was the Tesla P110D I had on test drive for a weekend, 0-60 in 2.9 seconds and free electric supercharger stations....

But mostly is a pretty boring place...
Lol
I am preety aware of this situation. Actual reason for choosing Denmark was their visa process which was clearly define online & I find it easier comparing with Belgium/Spain/Germany/France.
I guess once you have Schengen visa then its easy to travel other EU country & apply RC in other country.

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:03 pm

HI Omiisl

Congrats on your family member visa,

Could you please guide if same rules apply for extended family members for Over 18.

Could you please send me link.

also what email correspondence did you have with embassy i.e was it regarding EU rules

Did they asked you.... are you moving permanent or temp or family are coming to visit you ?

Also what is the process of submitting documents ?

Many thanks

Malik