ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Reference Number

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shaolin
Newly Registered
India

Home Office Reference Number

Post by Shaolin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi all

Today I received my approval letter for citizenship from HO. The letter says contact council to book ceremony. However when I rang council they asked for home office reference number. The letter from HO says 'Our Ref' which council says is not the home office reference they require to book ceremony. Can someone please provide some guidance who has gone thru this process........thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Home Office Reference Number

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:38 pm

Not really sure what the issue is. HO ref starts with the first letter of your surname + 7 numeric digits, i.e. X1234567. It's above "Our Ref" on the letter (at least on mine!).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Shaolin
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shaolin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:43 pm

My letter hasn't got any home office reference on it. Is there any additional documents you receive from HO apart from aporoval letter ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Have you still got your biometrics letter, that will / should have your ref number on it.
Don't think you'll get anything else apart from the approval letter.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:38 pm

It is part of the approval letter template. At the top right hand side are all the references. There is a Home Office one and a Poll/Cover Note No.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

Shaolin
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shaolin » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:23 pm

Hi

The format says Our Ref and then followed by Poll/Cover Note no. However 'Our Ref' is a 9 digit numbers whereas council wants Home Officec Ref which is total 8 digit characters. First character must be a alphabet and rest 7 must be numeric.
The Home Office Ref is not mention on my letter however I managed to find it on my biometric letter as advised by alterhase58. Hopefully I'll try n book my ceremony with this ref.

lilit
Newly Registered

Post by lilit » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:36 pm

I am in the situation.
@Shaolin, were you able to figure out what reference number to use in the end?

Shaolin
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shaolin » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:58 am

Yes, please refer to the letter you have received for your biometric confirmation. It should state home office reference on it.
Surprisingly, when I called council second time they just asked for my name and did not ask the reference number at all. I even mention to them that if they need reference number at all but they said no name is sufficient :evil:

lorenzo_g
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by lorenzo_g » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I am having the same problem. I can only see 'Our Ref' on my letter (which does not begin with a letter) and the 'Poll/Cover Note No'. The 'Your Ref' field is left blank in both my approval and ceremony invitation letters.

And I can't find any reference number on my Biometrics invitation letter. Any suggestions on what I could do to sort this out?

Thanks in advance.

Lorenzo