ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year long residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

said321
Newly Registered
Pakistan

10 year long residence

Post by said321 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:06 am

Dear any one can help,

i have yesterday primer interview for long residence, now i am in tire 1 entrepreneur visa , i completed 10 year on 11 of October 2017 and went for interview yesterday 20 October, during the interview she just ask for recent status documents like bank statement and company document i provide all document after while she asked me we need to further inquires and give me letter in my application there is no gap nothing at all continuous 10 year according to law, but they start about company inquiry our company is running according to law, any one can help why they keep me on hold and how long the waiting for their process if they charging the primer fee then why they put in slow process any one can help please and how long the application will take,
"your application is valid but there are further enquiries the need to made on your case your can pass to be the team where these enquiries can be made"

any one can help in 10 year long residence how come they taking application on the other route inquiry about my entrepreneur but we running our business according to law , so confused need to go for holidays but struck now

marcnath

Re: 10 year long residence

Post by marcnath » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:52 am

You are only eligible for 10 year LR if you have been lawfully resident for 10 years.
Lawful stay also means that you have met all the conditions of all your stay during the 10 years. So, if part of it was a student visa, they may want to verify you have not been working beyond what was allowed. Or as a Tier 1 E visa holder you have not been working in anything other than you business and that you have maintained your access to investment funds.
Unfortunately, there have possibly some people applied for T1E just to meet the 10 year condition with no intention of being an entrepreneur, so HO may have added additional checks.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

said321
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by said321 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:16 am

Thanks for quick replay. But we already met the requirements of investment I am right now entrepreneur extension visa we have Office and submitted our tax in May 2017 and fulfil the requirements of employee hiring. The turnover is more than 62 last year. But from this Said I have no problem but usually how long it will take because I paid primer fee , and I waited for six hours there then give me a letter. Do you know how long legally they can take. Please replay. Really depressive and stressful.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:22 am

Why did you apply for ILR (LR) now if you had a travel planned ?
HO is very clear that paying a premium fee does not guarantee decision on the spot.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

said321
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by said321 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:33 am

Honestly thought will get straightaway in my case I am valid applicant I have family here me and wife and three children one born here they living from last 4 years. Not burden on state. So I can afford my own. Three employees is working in our company, more then. 62 thousand is turnover. All da time I applied at myself but this time From 10 year never struck my 10 year so streight student PGD. Then degree. Psw. Ent 1. Extension last year. And I thought to Change to ILR. To buy mortgage but struck. Now any way.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:39 am

Well, wish you all the best. I hope it will come through soon. Write in a couple of letters checking status and requesting an early decision even if there is no guarantee that it will have any effect.

said321
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by said321 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:48 am

Thank you for your kind words.

Momi

Post by Momi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:00 am

Where did you have the interview? In office?
Where did you go for premier appointment? Sheffield Or Liverpool?
Interview means you went for premier appointment and they asked you these questions?
If that's the case then it's normal because sometimes they ask few questions.
Why didn't you take you entrepreneur documents with you?
No need to stressed out if you are running business. You will get response in 2-5 weeks. Most of the times 2 weeks. :wink: :wink:

said321
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by said321 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:46 am

Thanks for reply I applied in Croydon Office london. I handed all business documents like. Director report financial statements statment. All details I given but still the need further more enquiry. So waiting and hope for good results.

Party Rocker
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Party Rocker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:43 pm

hello said321
I have also varied my application this Monday and our company turnover was 89K and we have paid almost 15K VAT in a year with ending balance of 98K but I still got the same letter as you have...there is nothing much we can do but a good hope. mostly they reply in 2 weeks time but lets see which way wind below.
BEST OF LUCK

said321
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by said321 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:31 am

Thank. You party rocker. You applied same on 10 year route long residency, ya this true we have no choice without waiting, did they contact you about documents last week or you donot heared any things from him. Waiting is stressful, any way thank you for Sharing your experiences.

Party Rocker
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Party Rocker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:58 am

said321 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:31 am
Thank. You party rocker. You applied same on 10 year route long residency, ya this true we have no choice without waiting, did they contact you about documents last week or you donot heared any things from him. Waiting is stressful, any way thank you for Sharing your experiences.
Yes i applied on 10 year long residance and they havn't ask anything after that. It is quite a stressfull week and i am only hoping that i will get the good news in a wekk or soo.
Just keep us updated if your heard anything and i will update too

said321
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by said321 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:08 am

Ok I will update. And hopefully will get something soon.

FOCUS

Post by FOCUS » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:57 pm

@ Said321: Can you please clear some doubts I have with the documents exactly they have asked from u and what u hv submitted. I see from your posts that u hv submitted recent bank statment, Directors report financial statements.
"Directors report n financial statements " are both in the Accounts , so basically u submitted ur accounts , Right ?
Did u certify ur accounts with certified acountant ?
Seniors members n modarators pls comment on this, just in case if the caseworker asks docs of company or business while at premier appointment for set(LR),shld we submit certified accounts even for ILR(Long Residence), just to prove that our business is running finen or can we go with just Director approved accounts ?

@ Party Rocker : did u also been asked to submit any documents ? if so what did u submit ,please let me know.

Thank you very much

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:01 am

Party Rocker wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:43 pm
hello said321
I have also varied my application this Monday and our company turnover was 89K and we have paid almost 15K VAT in a year with ending balance of 98K but I still got the same letter as you have...there is nothing much we can do but a good hope. mostly they reply in 2 weeks time but lets see which way wind below.
BEST OF LUCK
Hi Party rocker.
which centre you applied for your long residency at and what letter they gave you?
thanks

said321
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by said321 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:15 am

Thanks party rocker ,
I handed documents what we submitted last 31 May to HMRC. So same documents in company hose as well. Let him check our company is running according to rule and regulations so completed all requirements thanks. No waiting for good hope

Party Rocker
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Party Rocker » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:38 pm

Hello guys sorry for delay.
I went to glasgow and they havn't ask me anything extra not even bank statment as by rule of 10 year there is no requirment for bank statment. I just gave them
FORM FULLY COMPLETED
APPOINTMENT BOOKING PAGES
LIFE IN THE UK
COVER LETTER FROM SOLICITOR
DEGREE ALREADY WITH H.O
PASPORT ALREADY WITH H.O
No extra question is been asked and nothing extra is been given

riaz230

Post by riaz230 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:48 pm

hi dear
could you plz tell me did u apply for entrepreneur alone or with a partner. if you apply with a partner then could you plz tell me did you partner invest £50000 alone for extension or still on 50% investment and invest 25000 only

Party Rocker
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Party Rocker » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:49 pm

riaz230 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:48 pm
hi dear
could you plz tell me did u apply for entrepreneur alone or with a partner. if you apply with a partner then could you plz tell me did you partner invest £50000 alone for extension or still on 50% investment and invest 25000 only
I apply with my partner but now I have varied my application to ILR and I am not taking my share out of business so there will be no effect on my partner. we apply extension as 25000 each

riaz230

Post by riaz230 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:39 pm

hi i don't know about forum policy if it allowed could you plz send my your contact number or email. do discuss with u in details because im very confused my solicitor told me that ur partner is now on irl so he cant be a entrepreneur team member so you must invest 50000 alone, at the end if asking for personal number or email address is not a forum policy then please kindly accept my apology, and ur help will be appreciated thanks to all

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:09 pm

riaz230 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:39 pm
hi i don't know about forum policy if it allowed could you plz send my your contact number or email. do discuss with u in details because im very confused my solicitor told me that ur partner is now on irl so he cant be a entrepreneur team member so you must invest 50000 alone, at the end if asking for personal number or email address is not a forum policy then please kindly accept my apology, and ur help will be appreciated thanks to all
We suggest against this. Also you can share evidence with your partner even if they have ILR. Your solicitor is wrong
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:16 pm

riaz230 wrote:
Your solicitor is right on one thing but wrong on the other.
Since your partner is on ILR, he can no longer be an entrepreneur team member.
Where he is wrong is that the extension applications (unlike fresh applications) are considered individually and the status of your partner does not impact your application. You can still claim points for investment made by your partner.

Party Rocker
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Party Rocker » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:03 pm

riaz230 wrote:
You can inbox me if you want i am not sure if we have that facility or not but as both the senior member said that you don't need to panic as your team member status will not effect your status unless its him who want to withdraw his money.
If you wana talk on phone leav your no i will call you

riaz230

Post by riaz230 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

thank you very much my number is mobile number removed by moderator waiting for your call thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:50 pm

Party Rocker wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:03 pm
If you wana talk on phone leav your no i will call you
riaz230 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm
thank you very much my number is mobile number removed by moderator waiting for your call thanks again
I strongly suggest both of you read the forum rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.