ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration health surcharge (IHS)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Silvasam
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Supporting Documents

Post by Silvasam » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:48 am

How to send supporting documents to Sheffield for wife and child? Is it possible to send the applications (2) and appendix two (2) with one bundle of supporting documents? Please advise.

Silvasam
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Re: Supporting Documents

Post by Silvasam » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Please note, this is about the UK settlement visa for wife and the child.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:40 am

I think you need to give more background about your application so that people can reply/suggest clearly

Cheers

Silvasam
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Silvasam » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:33 am

Thanks, ITGraduate. Our concern is should we send two separate bundles, a set of copies with the child and originals with mother or should we send both applications in one (originals) bundle?

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:06 am

if you made the initial applications separately then send them separate or vice versa

Did UKVI send you any kind of acknowledgement - does it have any case number/ref number. and is that for both of them together or for just one person?

you can keep a copy of the acknowledgement letter on the documents you intend to sent/ or a print out of email acknowledgement from them if any

Good luck

Silvasam
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Silvasam » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:14 pm

Thanks ITGraduate.

Silvasam
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Silvasam » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Please help I made a mistake when paying UK immigration health surcharge (IHS).
I apply with my defendant son and paid IHS for my application and when tried to pay IHS for his application separately it says IHS is free for him and generated a reference number.
He is not going independently and applying with me. How to pay his (my defendant) IHS?

Silvasam
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Immigration health surcharge (IHS)

Post by Silvasam » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:47 pm

Please help - I made a mistake when paying UK immigration health surcharge (IHS).

I apply online settlement visa (VAF4a) with my defendant son and paid IHS for my application assuming it should be paid for each application separately.
When tried to pay IHS for his application separately it says IHS is free for him and generated a reference number.
He is not going independently and applying with me. How to pay his (my defendant) IHS?

Silvasam
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Re: Immigration health surcharge (IHS)

Post by Silvasam » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:06 pm

This is urgent, your comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:35 pm

IHS should not be zero for non British children . You try again by making another application and fill all details correctly in IHS section

or you can contact IHS.Sheffield@fco.gov.uk /ihs.sheffield@fco.gsi.gov.uk and asked them to send you topup link to pay IHS for your son and dont forget to mention his GWF number

Silvasam
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Silvasam » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:32 am

Thank you very much dear ILR1980 for the comments.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:44 am

HO will likely write to you or email to you to pay it after you have submitted the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Silvasam
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Silvasam » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:38 am

Thanks, CR001.
The UK online visa application and payment system is not user friendly at all. It is better to link all the payment related to an applicant to his own application, that's what happened when paying IHS for dependant child. It was assumed that visa fee as well as IHS payments are specific to the application and should be paid separately. No warning or awareness is provided.
Australia has a highly defined user-friendly system. Once log into ImmiAccount applicant can manage all his applications (group) properly, everything is transparent and logical and defined. Payment could be done individually or collectively.