ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does ILR actually take ? It’s been 8 months!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wolto
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

How long does ILR actually take ? It’s been 8 months!

Post by wolto » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi,

I’m 19 now.

First came to the UK on a family visa for 6 months after which something happened.

We applied for a Leave to Remain and was given a stay permit for two years plus ability to work but no public fund. This expired 2017 March

Applied for ILR because I am still depending on my Dad who already has ILR.

Problem is my passport expired and was due to be renewed but couldn’t because it had to be included in the application to the HO, all the required documents have been sent and completed the biometric checks. They asked for my Dads passport and extra documents such as payslips and house information which has been sent to them for about 3 months now.

It’s been about 8 months in total and now nothing has been said to me. They stopped sending me emails about the application once it reached 5 months so I have been in the dark for 3 months.

My Dad collected the emails they sent me and I think he’s making enquiries and usin them as evidence but since then I still don’t know anything.

I am a last year student in college and will be going to university September I’m worried and don’t know what to do I sent my UCAS application this October and I’m left worrying about my future and education personally it is affecting me as well since I’m waiting for this decision to be able to focus on learning and making it to university.

I haven’t got any criminal background or dirty profile the only issue might be with the expired passport apart from that I’m not too sure maybe I’m getting too old after the initial application?

I have lived in the UK for roughly 3 years getting to 4 and I think I could get a student visa if I hear from the HO quickly and decide to request a student visa in my ucas application but I have sent it now so I’m left in the dark again

I don’t know what to do is anyone in similar problem? Or can anyone advise me please?

Jattisjatt
Newly Registered

Re: How long does ILR actually take ? It’s been 8 months!

Post by Jattisjatt » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:45 am

Bro im in similar situation, i have applied for uni and theetc.

Did you get your application before September or you had to take gap year.

Im waiting for mine and its been 8 months.