ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizenship Based on Spouse of Irish with EU divorce

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Adamlot
Newly Registered
India

Irish citizenship Based on Spouse of Irish with EU divorce

Post by Adamlot » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:33 pm

hi , i have applied for citizenship based on spouse of irsh citizen on January 2017 after my eu wife got her irish citizenship but before that we got a divorce in Lithuania on july 2017 .
when i asked a solicitor before applying he told me that the Lithuanian divorce is not recognized in ireland because of the habitual residency of my wife therefore i can apply based on her irish citizenship once she get it .
last week they send me letter saying that there internal researcher find that im divorced so they asked for explanation . i reply to theme saying that the divorce is not valid in ireland and im still married but they answer me back that i cant apply based on marriage because im divorced .
dose someone has the same situation or if he knows what can i do to make theme considering my application ?