ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Application - translations by certified translator

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Nemmy
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Application - translations by certified translator

Post by Nemmy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi all,

I am in the process of gathering documents for our FLR(M) submission and have hit a snag.

Translations require the following:

(j) Where any specified documents provided are not in English or Welsh, the applicant must provide the original and a full translation that can be independently verified by the Entry Clearance Officer, Immigration Officer or the Secretary of State. The translation must be dated and include:
(i) confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document;
(ii) the full name and original signature of the translator or an authorised official of the translation company;
(iii) the translator or translation company’s contact details; and
(iv) if the applicant is applying for leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain, certification by a qualified translator and details of the translator or translation company’s credentials.

Regarding item (iv), I am having difficulty in finding a translation company that will specifically supply certification by a qualified translator. They will just supply a certificate of translation that says the translation “has been performed by a qualified translator” and details of the translation company’s credentials.

I have tried a number of translation companies and they all are saying the same, that they do not give out details of the translator so cannot supply specific certification by a qualified translator with their details.

Does anyone know if this will suffice?

Any help is appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) Application - translations by certified translator

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Regarding item (iv), I am having difficulty in finding a translation company that will specifically supply certification by a qualified translator. They will just supply a certificate of translation that says the translation “has been performed by a qualified translator” and details of the translation company’s credentials.
But that is exactly what the questions asks for, is it not??
(iv) if the applicant is applying for leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain, certification by a qualified translator and details of the translator or translation company’s credentials.
And did you miss the 'or'??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nemmy
Newly Registered

Post by Nemmy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi CR001, thanks for the reply.

My main concern is that it asks for certification by a qualified translator. The certificate I have been informed that I will receive is not certified directly by the qualified translator himself/herself but the translation company stating that it has been translated by a qualified translator.

Maybe I am misreading / misunderstanding the sentence...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:25 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:54 pm
But that is exactly what the questions asks for, is it not??
And did you miss the 'or'??
You are misreading and misunderstanding. It is either/or - company or translator. You are not reading the OR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.