ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adilzia
Member of Standing

English test requirement

Post by adilzia » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:19 am

hello members,

my extension has been approved.
For ILR
Do i need to sit english exam again or will i get points automaticaly ?
please help

kingraja

Re: English test requirement

Post by kingraja » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:44 am

Automatically :)
rajathegreat

manu2017
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manu2017 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:51 am

adilzia wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:19 am
hello members,

my extension has been approved.
For ILR
Do i need to sit english exam again or will i get points automaticaly ?
please help
Lucky you Automatically, you'll get the English Points :) :)

adilzia
Member of Standing

Post by adilzia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:29 am

Thanks guys for help

But city & guilds is not anymore in approved list.

Is it ok ???

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:30 am

You do NOT get the points automatically for ILR, unlike Tier 1E extension.
ESOL qualifications are no longer accepted as proof for settlement and citizenship applications.
You can only score points for English if the test is still acceptable by the HO. Otherwise you need to sit for a SELT test.

FAQs - English language requirements for settlement
Knowledge of language and life in the UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Yellow rose
Newly Registered

Post by Yellow rose » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:38 am

Applications made on or after 12 November 2015
For naturalisation applications made on or after 12 November 2015 and settlement
applications made on or after 19 November 2015, the only tests that are acceptable are
qualifications covering speaking and listening at B1 or above from the Secure English
Language Test (SELT) list in the Immigration Rules, Appendix O. No other tests are
acceptable. The test must be taken at an approved test centre – see link for list of approved
test centres.
The test must have been taken no more than 2 years before the date of application.
However, for settlement applications, you must accept a qualification from one of the
providers on the current SELT that has passed the expiry date, if it has previously been
accepted by us in connection with another immigration application, e.g. for entry clearance.
A qualification that is not from one of the providers on the current SELT list is not acceptable
even if previously accepted by us in connection with another application.
For citizenship applications a person does not need to pass another English language test if
they met the English language requirement for settlement by passing a B1 level test.
Applicants do not need to supply any evidence - instead they must provide a unique
reference number (URN)
I saw it will be very important for you

Krish1512ever
Newly Registered
India

Post by Krish1512ever » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:22 am

Hi

I am in a similar situation as I am soon apply for ILR (tier 1 general route). I have met english language requirement in previous leaves using my degree from outside UK(no NARIC confirmation was needed at that time for my degree).

I found below in immigration rules. Can I safely attend my ILR appoinmtent without evidence applying for NARIC confirmation or passing english test?

Immigration Rules Appendix B: English language

Met requirement in a previous grant of leave
11. Subject to paragraph 15 below, 10 points will be awarded for meeting the requirement in a previous grant of leave if the applicant: (i) has ever been granted leave

as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant, a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant or Business person, or a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Migrant, or
(ii) has ever been granted leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant under the Rules in place on or after 5 December 2006.

Hfaz
Newly Registered

Post by Hfaz » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:02 am

Hi krish1512ever, I'm in a similar situation, just wondering what you decided in the end? Did you submit your degree without naric as a requirement/exemption and did they accept this?